Rooms To Go - RTG sucks...cindy crawford beachside denim furniture NIGHTMARE

Sep 21, 2008
review #136295

we purchased the beachside denim couch and two chairs...we were givin the fabric protection story(that we fell for) and a year later we're still paying for this mistake. i've had 2 or 3 techs at my house that seemed to know less then i did about the product. six different times they have sent me the wrong replacment products(cushions and covers)and to this day i still havent had anything replaced...the slipcovers wont come clean and the cushions are so flat that we're sitting on the frame which is very uncomfortable and not to mention when we have guests....please dont buy anything from this company!!!!!i think i may go drop this s**t on thier doorstep...cindy crawford should be punched in the face for putting her name on this s**t!!!i think i'll send that bi**h the bill...

afceaf1
Had an experience with Rooms To Go?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Couched in the face

Sep 18 Cape May, New Jersey

Cindy Crawford must have caught wind that I was talking smack because that woman come by my house personally and just laughed at me. Then she must have like a crew because 20 more people came and laughed at me...
Imagine, 37 people (each more attractive and rich than myself) just showed up to my row-home and laughed at me. Then she stole my little girl's puppy. I am so upset at this response to my consumer complaint...worst customer service ever...

Aug 30

I have the loveseat in white at our beach house. It is the best ever. If it gets dirty, you simply remove the slipcover. It easily fits in the wash. With a little bleach, it comes completely clean. It is so comfortable. I love it. We have been thinking of adding a chair and sofa.

Debi

Jul 22

This is an update for my furniture which is horrible. One person wrote that she managed to get help,I have called put in a complaint, Nothing has worked. I brought my set in
Raymour Flanigan. I also brought a queen size bed which is beautiful, but most of the design is plastic.I just hope they will come and fix it and allow me to buy the stuff to put on to cover. So I'm stuck with this sofa, that looks like *** when you walk in. And I can't get any help.

curiousmoon Art

Jul 25 Port Saint Joe, Florida

Hi I bought my beach set in Raymor and Flannigan, Upstate Ny. Can anyone give me the tele# to order the slip cover in Denium or Kaki? thanks, Judy, Panhandle, Fl.

debii

Apr 20

Hi I thought I was crazy but I'm having the same problem.I was looking for the slipcovers also.I have had them her also. I was having problems getting them to even come out. The one girl who answered my call charged me 45.00 for coming out ,that is with out knowing if they would replace the cushon.I brought the protection also. They did call me back refunded my money and gave me a new cushion.the covers are stained and won't come out.I love what you wrote, so funny yet so true.

Smarter than You

Aug 02

Must be a Debi(i) thing. Women know *** about how to do business.

Amy

Feb 14 Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

I have the Cindy Crawford slip cover couch and love-seat from 5 years ago. Khaki color. I was looking at the newer white one at store. I can buy a new set according to customer service but I don't know if it will fit. Does anyone know?
Also, I was contemplating washing this set but I am nervous. I see the newer white color is pre washed and people seem to wash them fine. Has anyone washed the Khaki set…..dried it?
It's holding up over all reasonably well. I figured you get what you pay for and I payed 1/3 less than I would have for the fancier set at a local furniture store with more designer things.

Sep 05, 2013

If anyone has the beachside khaki or white replacement covers and you'd like to sell them, please let me know. I received mine in blue from a family member and so don't have proof of purchase to order the covers in another color. My email is courtleigh77@comcast.net

Thanks!

Linda r

Jul 26, 2012

Purchased love seat , sofa cindy Crawford . Cushions hard as a rock to sit on. Also, purchased a pedestal table with four chairs. Glass table top. Fell apart at the base. Technition came out twice to attempt to fix. We said it was not fixable . Rooms to go said we could choose another tablet. We said we wanted a complete refund. They were nasty and stated they don't give refunds. The table is defective !!! We had to go through customer service and talk to a supervisor. She agreed to refund our money. It will take 5-7 days for a refund . I hate this company . Garbage furniture. Beware the quality is bad. I know I am going to have trouble getting my money back. But, i protected myself by having them agree I writing . Don't buy from them ,,,,,

Mark Holt

Feb 23, 2012

I have just had a NIGHTMARE we were trying to have a GREAT Christmass, NO NIghtMare, Furniture was not Delivered as promissed Dec. 24, I have E-maile saying it would be Delivered Dec. 24th. So Family here Nothing to sit on, Delivered Dec. 30th Danaged, and Parts missing, parts never sent items not assembled, and No one would return calls. Ms. Sa_ _ or Mr Old_ _ _ _ _. Managers and assentent to the President, ya Right, so every thing picked up Jan26 2012.
This started Dec. 3rd Now what would YOU DO

Mark Holt

Feb 23, 2012

This started Dec. 3rd Now what would YOU DO

Brandon

Oct 13, 2011

I ordered some accent pillows from rooms to go and was told that I could only get them through the parts department. Check or money order directly to the parts department. Why the actual storefront of the business cant take a part order is beyond mentally deficient. Anyways, being a spirited chap, I went ahead and ordered the pillows, check was confirmed cashed, and I have been waiting now for what has nearly been a month. I just placed a call with the customer service department and they were nearly rude with me and I got an off handed answer that it can take up to 90 days to fill the order if they have to request it from the manufacturer. These pillows are the Cindy Crawford Chastain (spelling?). I dunno, its more of a hassle then I would be willing to go through ever again. From this experience I will not buy from rooms to go and I will make an effort to tell people of this experience if anyone mentions rooms to go or furniture buying. Still waiting for pillows. I cant imagine trying to buy something more substantial from them. I suggest getting furniture from a more reputable place and being treated with some actual customer service instead of what they call talking to a call center that could not possibly care less about your merchandise transaction.

lilahhayward8@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2011

can the blue denim slip cover on the Cindy Crawford sofa be lightened by bleaching when washing it ? thanks

janis

Feb 10, 2013 Douglasville, Georgia

I just came from Rooms to Go inquiring about washing or dry cleaning the Cindy Crawford denim set and was told that if I washed it or had it drycleaned, my one year warranty would be NO GOOD. He also told me that the fabric would shrink and I would never be able to get it back on the sofa. I was told that when purchasing that set, I should pay to have it scotch guarded against stains.

Jd

Mar 25, 2013 Port Saint Lucie, Florida

I have the beachside slip covered couch and love seat. We have washed and dried covers many times with no shrinkage. We have the white set and they come out great.

Wendy

Apr 22, 2013 Braintree, Massachusetts

I wash mine all the time and it never shrunk. I would liike to replace the cushions but I'm not having luck in doing that.

Kris

Apr 28, 2013 Crystal Lake, Illinois

I wash my cushions and dry them in the dryer once a month. It will screw up the year warranty but the warranty is nonsense to begin with.

Kona girl

Feb 24 Supply, North Carolina

Let the warranty run out first just in case they honor it(haha). Then spot clean, wash on delicate cycle in cold water. I then heavily coat it with scotch guard. RTG does NOT honor their fabric protection plan so I ended up washing myself and it's turned out well.

Psych303

May 27 Port Saint Lucie, Florida

We've had the sofa and loveseat for 5 years (in tan) and I wash both at least twice a year. The first time, I was scared that the slipcovers would shrink, so I washed them in cold and put back on while still damp. No problem, but a pain to wait while they dried. The next time, I washed the slipcovers in cold and dried slightly. Again, no problem. Now, I still wash in cold water, but put them right in the dryer on "cotton" and they fit perfectly. A salesman at Rooms To Go told me that they are not allowed to tell people to wash and dry the slipcovers, because
The cushion issue is another problem that is probably related to cheap furniture. My cushions flattened and we had them replaced with high density foam from an upholsterer. It cost a couple of hundred dollars, which I admit was a lot of money, but now I'm really happy with the set.

1-20 of 45 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rooms To Go.
Filing a new complaint about
×