Rooms To Go - Smelly furniture and late delivery.

I purchased a living room set from rooms to go and had to wait three weeks before it was delivered.Not the next day promise because things are on "back order".

When I got the furniture they had a disgusting smell, something alond the line of vomit/*** - to be nice. It was disgusting. You couldn't even sit on the couches because the smell would linger on your clothes. I tried to air out a couple of weeks and finally got tired of it and asked for replacements.

They apparently had over-sprayed a protector on the couches- hence the smell. Unfortunately, the couches had been discontinued so I had to reselect. I couldn't find another set I liked soI got a bedroom set.

Got it delivered a month later and the matress smelled horrible- like mold.DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 25, 2010 #180469

I'm so upset I always read the reviews of any company when I am going to buy something but this time I did not read the review of "Room to Go". I purchased a living room and the first day I felt a bad odor. They changed it for another one (same) and that one had the same odor. Now they told me that if a want chedit I lose 20% of the money I have to pay pick up and delivery. But what really consern me is the 20%, that is a lot of money "Room To Go" Sucks!!!!

Aug 12, 2010 #175195

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with the items that were delivered to your home. I can promise you that this is not a normal occurrence. If possible, I would like to look further into your concerns. If so, please email me your order information at

love rooms to go

Aug 09, 2010 #173613

you people are a bunch of whiners. for a company that does that much business they actually have very few problems per delivery compared to other companies. nobody is perfect. but my experience is that if you buy through a showroom and need help. just call the manager or assistant manager. case in point cavin pugh and rebekah his assistant manager in the austin texas store. they solve issues fast and with courtesy.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.