3.3K views
3.1
Style and Design

I spent $2700 on a sofa and loveseat from the Eric Church collection. They both have electric recliners on each end.

The electric recliner aspect is fantastic, but the sofa frame broke in less than three months. That's ridiculous. The repair guy, who couldn't repair what was broken (not his fault, and he was VERY nice), said that RTG should call me next week regarding the "next steps". Honestly, I'd like my money back.

I'm not interested in paying that much money for furniture that only lasts a couple of months.

I own pool floats that have lasted longer. I don't have time to get my furniture repaired or replaced on a quarterly basis.

Product or Service Mentioned: Eric Church Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: Selection they had.

I didn't like: That all the sales excluded the item i wanted to purchase.

Comments

I found this piece at a nearby store we wanted the sofa and chair but it seems like none of you guy like it. We also found an almost identical set from Ashley furniture that's cheaper we may look into it has the exact drop down in the middle and looks so similar that I don't know what to do but we're headed out to look at this set in a few minutes at Furniture Fair here locally where I live. Can others that still have this tell me how you like it?

I purchased the Eric Church living room set in micro fiber instead of leather. The furniture looks nice, but is not very comfortable after sitting on it for a while.

to Linda #1489037

It is literally the most uncomfortable couch I have ever owned. I should returned it right away but kept thinking Id give it some time to break in.

To no avail. Also, when you recline all the way, there is a three inch gap where the seat meets back.

A complete waste of money. So disappointed!

to Michelle #1506171

I completely agree. Terribly uncomfortable.

I too decided to give it a while to break in thinking it would get better. It didn't . The return policy at RTG is not so easy to deal with either, especially if you order something online. There is no padding on arm rests on the side, so if you want to lean on it or lay it is like leaning on a brick.

Also, that three inch gap when reclined, yeah, makes or quite the backbreaking experience. The cushion is hard. So uncomfortable. Expensive, ill informed purchase.

I guess there is a reason that RTG does not have reviews on their website. Do yourself a favor, get something else.

I have a shabby chic slipcover sofa and this one. We call them the marshmallow and the brick.

to Anonymous #1580617

What set did you finally go with? I ordered the Eric Church Collection and it is terribly uncomfortable

to Anonymous #1589032

So you don't recommend this set? We were going to look at it at a store nearby but maybe we shouldn't.

This is great information. My husband and I are choosing between this set and another, more expensive, set.

TellUsRTG
to Anonymous #1365668

While we certainly understand your hesitation in regards to the reviews that you have seen online, we can assure you that our offices are aware of these concerns and are trying to address them appropriately. However, with that being said, the number of complaints seen online should be taken into comparison with the thousands of deliveries that are completed in showroom condition on a daily basis as well. Should you have any questions or concerns, you may reach us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com.

to Anonymous #1580624

I just purchased the Eric Church Highway Collection living room set, over 4K. Received October 13th and the set is absolutely beautiful BUT not to sit in.

The showroom set was so comfortable I had a hard time getting my husband out of it. These he would rather sit on the barstools in our dining room. They are so uncomfortable that I don't think a few months would make a difference.

Called RTG and they said I had 2 options (1) Exchange for exact same set, (hoping the next one will be better) or (2) In store credit for same or below value. Needless to say after reading the reviews I will be going for option 2.

Hartsville, South Carolina, United States #1346364

We just bought the same Eric church selection,took delivery on 1 July,2017 and ONE electric Recliner on the Love seat stopped working today the 2nd of July.....it will be interesting to see what RTG would like to do..I'll keep you and all other Social Media sites informed.

to Anonymous #1374595

Any update on how R2G handled this situation? I'm looking at the couch as well.

Clemmons, North Carolina, United States #1293489

Good to know. I've been looking at these pieces for the last month contemplating on whether or not to spend that much money. Now I know.

to Anonymous #1556215

Go to Badcock Furniture and take a look at the Waylon couch and loveseat! Half the price and better quality!

to Randall Woodruff 1 #1595504

Badcock is the worst furniture I had ever owned. The very reason why I am going back to RTG to purchase another living room set like my first one I bought from there in 2000.

I terribly regret switching to Badcock. I had my "leather" living room suit to literally peel apart where our heads touched! The only reason why I had to replace my first RTG living room suit was because of my Great Dane. He destroyed it.

It lasted for 16 years before I allowed a dog on the furniture. What a mistake. However, with the Badcock I allowed no pets on it and in less than 2 years it looked like trash.

So, I must disagree with Randall on Badcock having quality furniture compared to RTG.... NOT from my experiences.

TellUsRTG

This is very disappointing! We are sorry to hear this, and would love the get more info from you. Care to send us your order info, and photos of your set to us @ TellUs@RoomsToGo.com?