Update added by user Oct 23, 2015
UPDATE: October 6th
A new technician came out, took pictures, spoke with me about the issue and told me what his recommendation was going to be.Received a call from RTG 2 days later and received my new top within a few days of that.
Problem fixed.It still sucked that I had to jump through numerous hoops just to get a simple fix done.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
UPDATE: I have requested another "technician" come out to see the damage.This will be on 10/6.
I also received an email response from the RTG rep who posted below. Stating that the second evaluation is a necessary step...I requested the new inspection, not RTG.
If it's so necessary why didn't one of the customer service reps offer it???I will ask the "technician" directly what he is going to determine the damage as.
Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015
I bought a living room set in Round Rock, TX from RTG: 1 couch, 1 loveseat, an end table, lamp and coffee table. This was in May of 2015, it is now September and the coffee table opens from the top on both sides, well, when opening one day one side decides to pull the screws right out of the hinges, so instead of leaving it hanging (I have 3 little kids) and having someone get seriously hurt, I pull it the rest of the way off and lay it flat on there. Now, a "technician" comes out to see it and takes some pictures and in 5 minutes time leaves. RTG calls me and tells me that it is "Customer Misuse" and not covered under warranty. So I ask what was the misuse? "You opened it improperly causing the damage" Really!? I'm in my 40s and have been opening and closing things for decades, never had a problem until I bought furniture from RTG. Their technician didn't ask how it happened or anything, just asked what piece of furniture and began snapping pictures.
Now, I am on the phone with customer service who gives me absolutely no hope of this getting resolved. Two different representatives at two different numbers and magically there is not one single manager or supervisor available to speak with. I am also told that whatever the technician decides is pretty much the final word as they are, and I quote, "the eyes and ears for us". So, I told them that is not right as the technician didn't ask anything and basically said I don't know how to open a lid. I felt as though my integrity was put into question as the customer doesn't have any kind of say in the final decision and there is no one available to help remedy the situation either. There was not one person that asked about it being a safety issue, if the lid fell off all the way or partially, and if partially did anyone remove it completely and why. Maybe if their "eyes and ears" would use what's between the ears and behind the eyes a true determination of what is a manufacturer defect and customer misuse actually are.
I really want a supervisor or manager for this business to contact me, some one who can actually make a decision.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- I would like the item repaired by RTG
- Product or service
- Oconee 3 Piece Table Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather living room set, we had it with minimum use, until last Christmas 2013. We placed the set in the family and start using frequently. Leather started..."
- "I Purchased a leather recliner sofa from Rooms To Go Clearance Center in July, 2010. It had a couple small marks on the outside corners from being moved around, but..."
- "I purchased an entire room...spent a lot of money. After 15 months springs started popping through our couch making it very uncomfortable to sit on. Called numerous times including the..."
- "I recently purchased 8 of these "mason jar-looking drinking glasses. They have been used just a few times and the red color is flaking off of them!! I'm..."
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "I bought a 3 hour clean from Homejoy on Living Social and they came out yesterday. The cleaning lady was really nice and friendly, however her cleaning was not great...."
- "After owning for only 4 years now, we noticed that the bottom shelf of the cupboard over the couch is coming off. We then checked to see how it is..."
- "Tracy Drott Agency Owner 210.319.7218 12540 Bandera Rd. #209 Helotes, TX 78024 My name is Hung Tran. I purchased Allstate auto insurance policy thru Tracy Drott, an agency owner located at 12540 Bandera Rd. Ste...."
- "DO NOT USE THE LAWN GUY!!!!!!!! Was just scammed and lied to about service. So mad about how we were treated! Please save your money and time. Horrible company! Was told..."