Rooms To Go - Blames the Customer, Questions Customers Integrity
Update added by user Oct 23, 2015
UPDATE: October 6th
A new technician came out, took pictures, spoke with me about the issue and told me what his recommendation was going to be.Received a call from RTG 2 days later and received my new top within a few days of that.
Problem fixed.It still sucked that I had to jump through numerous hoops just to get a simple fix done.
Update added by user Sep 24, 2015
UPDATE: I have requested another "technician" come out to see the damage.This will be on 10/6.
I also received an email response from the RTG rep who posted below. Stating that the second evaluation is a necessary step...I requested the new inspection, not RTG.
If it's so necessary why didn't one of the customer service reps offer it???I will ask the "technician" directly what he is going to determine the damage as.
Original review posted by user Sep 23, 2015
I bought a living room set in Round Rock, TX from RTG: 1 couch, 1 loveseat, an end table, lamp and coffee table. This was in May of 2015, it is now September and the coffee table opens from the top on both sides, well, when opening one day one side decides to pull the screws right out of the hinges, so instead of leaving it hanging (I have 3 little kids) and having someone get seriously hurt, I pull it the rest of the way off and lay it flat on there. Now, a "technician" comes out to see it and takes some pictures and in 5 minutes time leaves. RTG calls me and tells me that it is "Customer Misuse" and not covered under warranty. So I ask what was the misuse? "You opened it improperly causing the damage" Really!? I'm in my 40s and have been opening and closing things for decades, never had a problem until I bought furniture from RTG. Their technician didn't ask how it happened or anything, just asked what piece of furniture and began snapping pictures.
Now, I am on the phone with customer service who gives me absolutely no hope of this getting resolved. Two different representatives at two different numbers and magically there is not one single manager or supervisor available to speak with. I am also told that whatever the technician decides is pretty much the final word as they are, and I quote, "the eyes and ears for us". So, I told them that is not right as the technician didn't ask anything and basically said I don't know how to open a lid. I felt as though my integrity was put into question as the customer doesn't have any kind of say in the final decision and there is no one available to help remedy the situation either. There was not one person that asked about it being a safety issue, if the lid fell off all the way or partially, and if partially did anyone remove it completely and why. Maybe if their "eyes and ears" would use what's between the ears and behind the eyes a true determination of what is a manufacturer defect and customer misuse actually are.
I really want a supervisor or manager for this business to contact me, some one who can actually make a decision.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- I would like the item repaired by RTG
- Product or service
- Oconee 3 Piece Table Set
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "It is more like "Rooms to Garbage". I bought a sectional couch "bonded leather" and after 2 years every piece of the sectional started flaking and peeling off. Don't ever..."
- "Rooms To Go recently had a lawsuit filed against them for committing fraud to their customers. Gordon & Doner filed a lawsuit against RTG after private tests revealed that the..."
- "I purchased thousands of dollars of furniture and financed much of it at 0%. Sounds good...I have a few years to pay back $5,000.00,HOWEVER, I was not only over charged..."
- "I live at The Enclave at Highland Horizon in Austin, Texas. I arrived home from work yesterday to find that construction workers had removed the temporary fencing put in place..."
- "Sonic on louis henna in round rock tx. Served food with hair in it...."
- "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."