Update added by user Sep 15, 2014
This is the latest picture of one of the chairs.
Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2014
Purchased a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and ottomans in 2010.Highly recommended fabric by the salesman as very durable.
Their advertisements still show bonded leather as durable. Two years later they exchanged the sofa and love seat at additional cost to us of over $1000 for replacements with cloth fabrics. Both had cracked and flaked off with very little usage. Now in 2014 the recliners are shedding all of the so called leather leaving a white fabric underneath.
I called and emailed rooms to go and finally received a call from customer service telling me the furniture was too old to receive any kind of credit or exchange. Research on line says this fabric is created from scraps of leather which are ground up and sprayed on and it's rated as pure junk. I was even sold fabric protection on these items which does not apply to them and was additional wasted money. It is all pure misrepresentation and false advertising by Rooms to Go.
We have done numerous other transactions with them but will not purchase anything from them again.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought the oasis/chestnut blended leather sectional with two recliners and a storage Otto w/caster about three years ago and I have taken care of them cleaning with leather care..."
- "I bought a Cindy Crawford sofa and loveseat in December 2015, and three months later, all the cushions lost the firmness and shape, looking really old and ugly. So I..."
- "My grandmother ordered my son a new bedroom set from the rooms to go in Ocala, Fl. We were so excited to get it. On the delivery date they brought..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."