Rooms To Go - Bonded Leather Furniture- total ***!

597 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews

Update added by user Sep 15, 2014

This is the latest picture of one of the chairs.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2014

Purchased a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and ottomans in 2010.Highly recommended fabric by the salesman as very durable.

Their advertisements still show bonded leather as durable. Two years later they exchanged the sofa and love seat at additional cost to us of over $1000 for replacements with cloth fabrics. Both had cracked and flaked off with very little usage. Now in 2014 the recliners are shedding all of the so called leather leaving a white fabric underneath.

I called and emailed rooms to go and finally received a call from customer service telling me the furniture was too old to receive any kind of credit or exchange. Research on line says this fabric is created from scraps of leather which are ground up and sprayed on and it's rated as pure junk. I was even sold fabric protection on these items which does not apply to them and was additional wasted money. It is all pure misrepresentation and false advertising by Rooms to Go.

We have done numerous other transactions with them but will not purchase anything from them again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Furniture
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #534146 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rooms To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
597 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 20 #1130768

Oh my goodness! We have the same chair and it's doing the exact same thing. I just thought we were too hard on the furniture, I didn't attribute it to cheap quality:/

0 0 Reply
Gary

Mar 20 #1130941 Naples, Florida, United States

No they are total trash and have nothing to do with leather. Complete junk. They are way worse than they were in the original picture posted here. Rooms to Go is still selling these chairs and claiming it is durable bonded leather or leather blend. We barely used ours and the white is coming off the entire chair. When I put them at the curb for trash pick up I am going to put a sign on them and say where they came from.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.