Orangetree, Florida
2.2
Style and Design

Update by user Sep 15, 2014

This is the latest picture of one of the chairs.

Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2014

Purchased a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and ottomans in 2010.Highly recommended fabric by the salesman as very durable.

Their advertisements still show bonded leather as durable. Two years later they exchanged the sofa and love seat at additional cost to us of over $1000 for replacements with cloth fabrics. Both had cracked and flaked off with very little usage. Now in 2014 the recliners are shedding all of the so called leather leaving a white fabric underneath.

I called and emailed rooms to go and finally received a call from customer service telling me the furniture was too old to receive any kind of credit or exchange. Research on line says this fabric is created from scraps of leather which are ground up and sprayed on and it's rated as pure junk. I was even sold fabric protection on these items which does not apply to them and was additional wasted money. It is all pure misrepresentation and false advertising by Rooms to Go.

We have done numerous other transactions with them but will not purchase anything from them again.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

Oh my goodness! We have the same chair and it's doing the exact same thing. I just thought we were too hard on the furniture, I didn't attribute it to cheap quality:/

to Anonymous Naples, Florida, United States #1130941

No they are total trash and have nothing to do with leather.Complete junk.

They are way worse than they were in the original picture posted here. Rooms to Go is still selling these chairs and claiming it is durable bonded leather or leather blend.

We barely used ours and the white is coming off the entire chair.When I put them at the curb for trash pick up I am going to put a sign on them and say where they came from.