Rooms To Go - Bonded Leather Furniture- total ***!
Update added by user Sep 15, 2014
This is the latest picture of one of the chairs.
Original review posted by user Sep 14, 2014
Purchased a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and ottomans in 2010.Highly recommended fabric by the salesman as very durable.
Their advertisements still show bonded leather as durable. Two years later they exchanged the sofa and love seat at additional cost to us of over $1000 for replacements with cloth fabrics. Both had cracked and flaked off with very little usage. Now in 2014 the recliners are shedding all of the so called leather leaving a white fabric underneath.
I called and emailed rooms to go and finally received a call from customer service telling me the furniture was too old to receive any kind of credit or exchange. Research on line says this fabric is created from scraps of leather which are ground up and sprayed on and it's rated as pure junk. I was even sold fabric protection on these items which does not apply to them and was additional wasted money. It is all pure misrepresentation and false advertising by Rooms to Go.
We have done numerous other transactions with them but will not purchase anything from them again.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The leather of my furniture start peeling and when I call the customer support first they said that my furniture has only one year of warranty but in one..."
- "Purchased the Gardenia Queen Bed, Dresser, and nightstand on Labor Day 2015. Was delivered yesterday, 9-14-15, with the dresser and nightstand BROKEN. Drivers handed me a customer service business card..."
- "October of 2014 I made a purchase of a power reclining sofa and stationary loveseat from Rooms to Go. 2 Months into it the back of the couch was flat..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."