Rooms To Go - Broken couch after less than 6 months.

732 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews

Not so impressed with R2G right now...my couch broke after under six months of use.

A service tech came out and looked at it, and after dissing the company that he works for (saying something about cheap wood)- left us with the impression that he would put in a work order for it to be replaced. Got a call today that he reported the damage to be customer damage (not the case... as we have been using the couch 'normally' i.e. no jumping or what not).

After a LONG run around, several calls, and an e-mail with pictures of the damage, the company has agreed to replace the broken portion of the couch. But my goodness, what a mess. Maybe they can throw in a free TV for all this mess? Haha.

Hopefully the replacement is better made? I would not recommend this company as it appears that their furniture is cheaply made.

I had a horrible time dealing with customer service, too.Oh well.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
732 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
ROOMS TO GO ROCKS

Sep 20, 2013 #719722

ROOMS TO GO IS THE BEST DON'T LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY HAVE NO CLUE!!! ROOMS TO GO'S FURNITURE IS VERY VERY GOOD! THE BEST IN FURNITURE WITH THE BEST PRICES! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY WE ARE THAT GOOD! :p

If you guys would stop being so rambunctious with the high quality pieces then we wouldn't have these problems!

But no you tell yourselves, "Yes, children/husband/guests destroy my stuff it has a warranty!" Unbelievable... Sofa's for sitting, TV consoles for TV's, Beds for sleeping ect ect... I'm sure you go to a restaurant eat all the food on the plate then tell your waiter/waitress the food was bad I need a refund!!!

0 2 Reply
AJSchick

Sep 19, 2013 #719138

I'm absolutely stunned that you would go so far as to suggest that I need to come spend MORE money in your store? I consider an $800 couch to be a plenty expensive piece of furniture, one that should last us for many, many years. And you should stand behind the people who manufacture what you choose to sell. You have basically suggested that the replacement I receive will also be poor quality. Too bad. I wish the salesman had explained this to us when we were shopping in your store. I will be telling everyone who will listen what a negative experience this has been for us.

Alice

Sep 19, 2013 #719127

Thanks for the info. I will never purchase anything from your store.

TellUsRTG

Sep 19, 2013 #719030

We're sorry to hear about the hassle. I'm glad to see that you are getting a replacement sofa after all. I must let you know, that we don't build/design the furniture. Each individual manufacturer decides what materials and design they use to make their products. We as the retailer, uphold the one year warranty for defects. That being said, the replacement model will be built exactly the same way the original was, using the same materials. More expensive materials would mean a more expensive piece. If you are interested in upgrading, we can see about reselecting you to a difference group. You would only have to pay the difference in costs. If this is something you would like to explore, please send your purchase details to TellUs@Roomstogo.com so we can review your warranty and see if you are eligible. Please put PissedConsumer.com in the subject line. Thank you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rooms To Go. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Rooms To Go.
Filing a new complaint about
×