Rooms To Go - Damaged Floors from Delivery team

We called customer service as soon as they left after we saw the damage on our brand new floors but they were closed.The delivery guys did not use pads and brought equipment on my floors that they were not supposed to (according to Lewis in the customer service dept).

Lewis indicated that the delivery guys did NOT follow company protocol with our delivery in that they were supposed to use pads/blankets and they did not, and they were NOT supposed to bring the hand trucks in our home and they definitely DID bring the hand trucks in the home. They also slid the furniture on the bare floor with no padding and caused very deep dents, gouges, and scratches throughout our brand new floor. All we are asking is for them to pay for the repairs to the floor but I cannot get anyone to help process this issue.

It has been more than a month since we first reported this and I cannot get a response regarding when/how this will be resolved.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Product service delivery
    • Are not offering any way to fix the problem
    • Damage to my floors
    • Unprofessional customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Reimburse for repairs to damaged floors
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Rooms To Go Shipping
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #680875 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rooms To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 16, 2015 #1064726

Their delivery guy knocked over a sculpture in my home and Rooms to Go took his word that it never happened. This is after he told me that HE would have to pay for the damage. This is also after I provided an invoice detailing the damage and charges to ship it, insure it and buff out the chips and scratches. They do not seem to care about my loss or my business because even after pursuing it with the BBB and Consumer Affairs, they have denied any sort of compensation. Please let me know if you have any luck at all. I hope you do---my loss was under $500 and repairable---but it feels awful to be helpless when someone has wronged you.

Nov 16, 2015 #1064746

I filed a complaint with the state's attorneys office and called them and emailed them several times a week for months. I also called my local store repeatedly. I finally got reimbursed the damage a few weeks ago.

Aug 14, 2015 #1019546

We would be happy to help out anyway we can. Would you be able to send us your order info to

Aug 14, 2015 #1019564 Naples, Florida

I just emailed the above referenced email with all of the same info I sent to RTG claims dept over a month ago. Please help get this resolved!!

Aug 12, 2015 #1018734

I would love so much to know how your case will be solved. I have been fighting with them for 4 months about this. I filed a complaint with BBB and nothing has been solved yet. I would handed it by myself faster I believe.

Aug 12, 2015 #1018735

I will update when it's resolved. Submit a complaint thru your state's attorney's office. I demanded a store manager today and he said the claims manager will get back with me tomorrow. If not I'll keep calling and raising *** :)

Aug 21, 2015 #1022769

they don't care about our complaints, the way we feel from their poor quality furniture or terrible customer service. They want you to email your concern instead posting them here for others to find out how unhappy us buyers are, but at the end nothing get solved. :(

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.