Lafayette, Louisiana

Rooms to Go has to have the worst delivery policy I have ever encountered with any company. They call and tell you a time frame that they are going to be at your house and are not willing to work with you in any way possible.

I first had to wait over a week for my delivery. That really chapped me. When I could not be home at the time I was given, my next option was to wait another 2 weeks. If I was "worked in" on a day that I picked, I was told I would have to sit home from 7:00am to 10:00pm and just wait for the truck because it is their policy not to telephone you when you are "worked in" no matter what.

Like the driver does not have a cell phone. I asked what if I decided to take a shower and could not hear the doorbell. I was told the delivery truck would just leave without calling and I would be charged a 2nd delivery fee later on. My only other option was to drive about 3 1/2 hours to their warehouse and pick the furniture up myself.

Yes, I was actually told I could this. The manager was not considerate of my situation and could have cared less. If I cancelled my order all together, I would still have to pay a 20% fee of my purchase (a restock fee as customer service told me). I would not recommend my worst enemy do business with this company.

If this has been their operation all this time, I cannot understand how they have stayed in business for 21 years as I was told. I was also told that no one else has encountered this problem which I believe to be total BS. As of right now I am still waiting on my furniture and have no idea when it is coming.

I have to wait to get "the phone call" telling me when to be home. Never mind the fact I work or my kids may have an orthodontist appointment or something like that or god forbid I decide to take a shower in my home.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

TellUsRTG

We apologize for the disappointment. While we cannot guarantee a call ahead for delivery on express or "added on" orders, we can still request this for you.

Depending on your location, we can work with you and our delivery company to try and be in your area on a day in which you are off work. Please email us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com "Attention Pissed Consumer" along with your order details so we can look into this for you.

Again we apologize for the disappointment and look forward to hearing from you.