1.5
Style and Design

I am on my third couch from Rooms to Go because of the poor quality.The "top grain leather" wore through the top layer revealing fabric in less than 8 weeks.

This is actually my third couch from Rooms to Go because of the same issue. Obviously they are not using "top grain leather" but either bonded leather or some other kind that does not hold up to even the slightest use. Their customer service told me there is a 6 year warranty on the leather. But when I sent in pictures they said they only warranty peeling and cracking.

They don't warranty the fact that the entire top layer of the "leather" has disintegrated. I even purchased their useless "Force Field" leather protection that the sales person informed me would give me 3 years of replacement warranty should I experience any problems.

Both locally and corporate, Rooms to Go has been no help in fixing this whatsoever.I would recommend NEVER buying anything there, especially their "leather" couches.

Review about: Sofa.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

I just looked at your picture and it appears you have the same couch as us, the Van Buren. BTW, it's not Top Leather, it's top coated leather. It's processed leather (like chicken nuggets) that's later spray painted brown.

I just got a postcard from a law firm that has a class action suit against RTG for not applying the protectant properly that I paid $180 extra for. They decided to settle instead of going to trial and my cut would only be 10%=$18! We're on our 3rd replacement couch also and they have offered to give us full credit towards another couch, which I expect will be made by the same Chinese people that made the first three.