Wish I could give less than one star. Went in for the Memorial Day weekend sale and chose a couch, mattress, and bed.

Made a payment on it to hold the “sale” price because we didn’t need it for a few weeks as we are closing on a home soon. We were told by the salesman that if we ended up not wanting any of the items we held the sale price on it was no big deal it can be easily removed from the order. We ended up finding a mattress and bed for a way better price elsewhere so when we went in to pay off our couch in full and schedule delivery we told them we only wanted the couch. The saleman who helped us originally was at lunch but we were told we can just go to the customer service area to pay.

We saw the couch was actually cheaper than the Memorial Day “sale” price which is strange but whatever. We paid off the couch and set up delivery. A few hours later the original salesman who had helped us called to tell my husband they couldn’t deliver the couch until 5 days after what we were told in store. When my husband said that won’t work for us he said in an extremely rude manner “well do you just want to cancel your order then?” My husband said “no why would I want to do that, I just paid it in full today” the salesman said “you came in here on my lunch and took all the other stuff off your order so might as well return the couch” I just cannot believe this.

He is obviously upset about missing out of his commission of the other items we chose not to buy. UNACCEPTABLE! We called to speak with the manager and while doing so realized the salesman had added over $100 in couch warranties that we were never asked if we wanted or told about. We have to go in person to be refunded for something we never were asked or told about.

Went back to get the refund of $150 on the warranties that were added to our order without our consent and was informed the saleman signed an agreement for us ilegally for those warranties.

The manager who helped us was completely unbothered by any of this and acted like it was no big deal.

Will NEVER purchase from this company again and I will make sure I let all of my friends and family know not to as well. If I could find the couch elsewhere I would absolutely return this purchase.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Sales Representative.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 10.

Comments

TellUsRTG

This is horrible to hear and certainly not the experience we expect any of our customers to have! We definitely need to more information on this.

Can you please email us your order info to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com? We would be more than happy to help in any way that we can!