We purchased a "Leather" sectional furniture 7 years ago at Rooms to Go. A few months ago starting peeling to the point that one of the sectionals is totally damaged... the rest of them became to have such a thin and weak skin that it is scary to seat on because the "Leather" will obviously reap.

I sent an email a few days ago to customer service, and actually I had an answer... which really kept my hope up after spending so much money in a furniture that it is beyond damaged.... well.... emails goes and comes, pictures goes and comes.... and of course... here is the beautiful answer:

"Dear Virginia,

Thank you for contacting me back with your information. I was able to locate your account and after reviewing its notations I regret to inform you that there were no active warranties. Unfortunately as the furniture was purchased in 2009 and received 7+ years of use, I regret to inform you that we are unable to assist further. We can only suggest contacting a local furniture repair company or trying to sell the furniture locally. I apologize for the disappointment and it is our hope to better serve you in the future.

Melissa"

Really??? so you asked me for pictures, to be sending emails, your product is horrible, the material is cheap... and I did not pay cheap, and this is your answer? the furniture was sold to me as "Leather" and this is not more than cheap treated plastic looking like leather... this is a scam... a big scam.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of sofa and associated monetary loss in the amount of $3000. Rooms To Go needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sofa in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rooms To Go.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

TellUsRTG

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with this situation again as the warranty expired 6 years ago. We apologize for the disappointment that this has caused.

Genuine leather products, i.e shoes, coats, furniture need and should be conditioned with a GOOD quality leather cleaner/conditioner at least twice a year.Between body oils, changes in indoor/outdoor temperature & humidity levels all have an effect on genuine leather goods.

Liquid saddle soap & cool water does an excellent job of cleaning leather and a product called Lexol leather conditioner is an excellent product to keep leather goods from cracking, peeling & drying out.

Once leather starts to dry out you'll notice cracking, peeling and even small rips start to appear.There's really no way to repair the leather once this occurs.