Horrible materials used as "Leather" - Rooms to Go

We purchased a "Leather" sectional furniture 7 years ago at Rooms to Go. A few months ago starting peeling to the point that one of the sectionals is totally damaged... the rest of them became to have such a thin and weak skin that it is scary to seat on because the "Leather" will obviously reap.

I sent an email a few days ago to customer service, and actually I had an answer... which really kept my hope up after spending so much money in a furniture that it is beyond damaged.... well.... emails goes and comes, pictures goes and comes.... and of course... here is the beautiful answer:

"Dear Virginia,

Thank you for contacting me back with your information. I was able to locate your account and after reviewing its notations I regret to inform you that there were no active warranties. Unfortunately as the furniture was purchased in 2009 and received 7+ years of use, I regret to inform you that we are unable to assist further. We can only suggest contacting a local furniture repair company or trying to sell the furniture locally. I apologize for the disappointment and it is our hope to better serve you in the future.

Really??? so you asked me for pictures, to be sending emails, your product is horrible, the material is cheap... and I did not pay cheap, and this is your answer? the furniture was sold to me as "Leather" and this is not more than cheap treated plastic looking like leather... this is a scam... a big scam.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Leather Sectional Living Rooms Rooms To Go
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #824481

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rooms To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 07 #1140769

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with this situation again as the warranty expired 6 years ago. We apologize for the disappointment that this has caused.

1 0 Reply

Apr 06 #1140302

Genuine leather products, i.e shoes, coats, furniture need and should be conditioned with a GOOD quality leather cleaner/conditioner at least twice a year. Between body oils, changes in indoor/outdoor temperature & humidity levels all have an effect on genuine leather goods. Liquid saddle soap & cool water does an excellent job of cleaning leather and a product called Lexol leather conditioner is an excellent product to keep leather goods from cracking, peeling & drying out.
Once leather starts to dry out you'll notice cracking, peeling and even small rips start to appear. There's really no way to repair the leather once this occurs.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rooms To Go. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Rooms To Go.
Filing a new complaint about