Rooms To Go - JUNK! "Leather" sectional is now trash
The biggest mistake I made was purchasing "leather" sectional couch from the RTG Boca Raton Store in December of 2009.When purchased, we were told how durable of a piece it was, that we just needed to take care of the leather like our own skin, and keep it moisturized.
I conditioned my couch every week, always making sure it was clean and kept moisturized. About 3 years after purchasing, in April of 2012, I noticed small little cracks forming, especially near the edges of each sectional piece. I assumed this was normal with leather and I didn't think to much of it. A few months later, large pieces of the leather started peeling off, crumbling, and revealing the CLOTH underneath.
Having looked online and seeing so many other people's complaints, I now understand that the sectional I purchased was simply bonded leather. That bonded leather is now peeling off of almost all the sectional pieces, even up on the tops of the couch arms, where no one even sits. There are literally full patches of my couch that are completely bare, and the only places the "leather" hasn't peeled off is where the seams are located. It's truly embarrassing to have people over to my house and having bits of my couch on their clothes and all over the floor.
This is just despicable sales practice on RTG's part.
I currently have to cover my couches with sheets and blankets, so we don't have pieces of it all over us every time we sit down.I am now trying to shop around to replace my couch, because the ones I own, and paid off in full, are trash.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Sectional Couch
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a "Leather" sectional furniture 7 years ago at Rooms to Go. A few months ago starting peeling to the point that one of the sectionals is totally..."
- "We bought a living room set from Rooms To Go and before the warranty was out we had to have our couch replaced because the color was rubbing off. We..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "It's unbelievable what happened to my Nuwave after two years. I enjoyed using it and would like to have it again but without the risk of cracking. It's very helpful..."
- "It has been over a year (jan 2011) since I went back to Abercrombie store in Wellington, Fl, to exchange my merchandise and they gave me a "merchandise credit card"..."
- "They asked for 6 months to right my yard. I gave them 1 year. They didn't control the weeds. They didn't control fungus. Now my yard is dying off because..."
- "Went to the mac store in the westfield at Stratford. When i got to the till the lady that served me was so rude loads of attiude and couldnt be..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."