The biggest mistake I made was purchasing "leather" sectional couch from the RTG Boca Raton Store in December of 2009.When purchased, we were told how durable of a piece it was, that we just needed to take care of the leather like our own skin, and keep it moisturized.
I conditioned my couch every week, always making sure it was clean and kept moisturized. About 3 years after purchasing, in April of 2012, I noticed small little cracks forming, especially near the edges of each sectional piece. I assumed this was normal with leather and I didn't think to much of it. A few months later, large pieces of the leather started peeling off, crumbling, and revealing the CLOTH underneath.
Having looked online and seeing so many other people's complaints, I now understand that the sectional I purchased was simply bonded leather. That bonded leather is now peeling off of almost all the sectional pieces, even up on the tops of the couch arms, where no one even sits. There are literally full patches of my couch that are completely bare, and the only places the "leather" hasn't peeled off is where the seams are located. It's truly embarrassing to have people over to my house and having bits of my couch on their clothes and all over the floor.
This is just despicable sales practice on RTG's part.
I currently have to cover my couches with sheets and blankets, so we don't have pieces of it all over us every time we sit down.I am now trying to shop around to replace my couch, because the ones I own, and paid off in full, are trash.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Sectional Couch
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "My In-Laws bought their last living room set as my father-in-law always wanted leather. He died two years later. My Mother-in law is in the 80's now and..."
- "I am so upset with my leather sectionals purchased from Rooms To Go in 2009. They are peeling all over. I contacted R2G and was informed that since it's been..."
- "$2500 bed from ROOMS to go! They said they don't cover bed bugs.. They say I can return it with No money back. ..."
- "In the Fall of 2014 we furnished an apt. completely through City Furniture. We spent thousands of dollars to fill five rooms. The sales people are outgoing, positive..."
- "Burned My Face and Eyes for Over 3 Weeks...They DO NOT Stand by there Products and They are Trained to Be The Biggest Scam Artists Out There...Told Me if I..."
- "STAY AWAY. If you do care about your car, please spend the extra $200 and take it to a reliable bodyshop. These are just crooks... They don't care about customers...."
- "We have two pieces of 30" Samsonite spinner luggage in the fall of 2010. This luggage has been fantastic. I could not tell you how many trips they have been..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."