Rooms To Go - "Leather" couch, love seat and recliner -- peeling!!!

How does leather peel?I paid over $3000 for a leather living room set -- armrest is peeling, seats are cracked and peeling and head rest color is rubbed off and cracked!

Unbelievable! I just read the other complaints and I'm amazed we all have the same issues and RTG doesn't seem to care! What kind of a company is this? I have had leather furniture in the past and it has lasted over 20 years!

$3000 is a huge investment for me... I have two kids in college and two more coming up. I feel violated -- like I've been taken advantage of.

When will this misrepresentation end?How long will RTG get away with not standing behind their products?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Misrepresentaion

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Living Room Set
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #576041

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rooms To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 18 #1160913

Leather is not cheap. Only for a sofa it can be from $2,500-$5,000. Please, always always ask before buying. It looks like bonded leather. Real leather ages very nicely and lasts a long time; bonded leather does not. It wears very quick and does not get better looking with time. It seems like Rooms to Go is selling things masking them for something else. Be very careful next time. I hope you were able to trade it for something else or get a credit.

Jul 17, 2015 #1008784

We also paid $2800.00 for our sectional and recliner and it is peeling terrible. We are senior citizens and are now sitting on our sectional with sheets on them to hide the embarrassing peeling. We are on a very limited income and thought that since all our children were grown and on their own that we would spend a lot of money on our dream couch that would last us the remainder of our life's. We contacted RTG they offered us $900.00 but they insisted on picking up the furniture that would cost $300.00 so $600.00 to replace a $2800.00 investment. Really!!! I really would like Cindy Crawford to stop representing this horrible line of furniture that people that have very little income and insist that RTG give all of us a full refund.

Jul 08, 2015 #1005136

Looks like bonded leather. Bonded leather will peel. Beware of fine print and ALWAYS ASK if it is bonded leather.

May 27, 2015 #988672

ours also did this and Rooms To Go wouldn't take care of the repair. Our warranty had only been our for about 2 weeks when it started peeling. We will NEVER buy from them again!

Rooms To Go

Jan 28, 2015 #937826 Lakeland, Florida

I'm sorry to hear about this. Would you be able to send these images along with your order info to us at

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.