Rooms To Go - Leather sofa, love seat, and chair purchases that is NOT real leather!

We purchased a matching sofa, love seat, and chair from RTG in December 2011 and it was delivered January 2012. The arm rest on the couch is now peeling and based on what I have read here, I am just waiting for the rest of the set to start peeling. We too purchased the leather protection (which is interesting considering now they say it is "blended" leather, which would have been nice to know as we would NOT have purchased this set.). While we do have kids and pets, this is NOT the result of anything other than poor quality - see picture. We have been using this set for less than 2 years and we take care of it...we have had other leather furniture that has outlasted this stuff under the same living can tell by the picture it is simply a MISREPRESENTED poor quality product.

We called customer service and reported the issue and they did send someone out to take pictures. The guy that came out said to me "it isn't real leather, it is blended leather and they are having a lot of problems with it." He took his pictures (he even took pics of the furniture that is not peeling - yet.)

They called to say they were reviewing our complaint but so far we have not received a response....I will update when we do to let everyone know how they are handling it. Right now I am listing neutral as my review type to give them the benefit of the doubt...

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 09, 2013 #714358

I'm sorry to hear that you are still going thru this inconvenience. If you can send your order information to, we'll find out at what stage your case is at, and why you have received a resolution yet. Please put Pissed Consumer in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.