Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Unfortunately there are several people that just want something for free or just want to complain, but there are many people that just want what we pay for. My husband and I purchased a sectional in Sept.

I noticed that the couch wasn't looking as firm and full as the couch on the showroom floor, plus some of the stitching has popped in half and come unthread. I called and they sent a service tech to come look at the couch and possibly repair it and stuff sections of it. He didn't sit on the couch, feel the couch...he simply stood in our living room for a total of five minutes. He informed us he couldn't repair it so he would send his notes to customer service.

I received a phone call from customer service informing me that per the service tech's notes the couch is at "standard" with just "normal wear and tear", and that the stitching being popped was "customer error" due to being rubbed along something. I was very displeased with both statements. When I purchase a couch, I would like for the couch to look like it's only five months old, not fifteen. Plus, don't tell me it was "customer error" when he didn't even take pictures of it.

If it was dragged along something, wouldn't there be damage next to the stitching? Of course the service tech failed to mention that. I don't even have to have the couch replaced, but at least replace any bad foam or add some stuffing and fix the stitching. I don't feel this is too much to ask.

This is the last purchase I will make with Rooms To Go after four years of furniture buying unless they make it right.

Some friends purchased a couch from Haverty's with the same issues, and the service tech from Haverty's took pictures, and they admitted to it having bad foam and are replacing it. It seems to me that is how customer service should be.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Repair.

Comments

I received 7k worth of furniture from rooms to go on 02/12/2010. The goods were damaged the furniture looked as though someone had tried to repair it.

I am very sad and upset. My wife took delivery and noticed the damage. She told them to put it back on the truck and they refused.

What a mess. What a business model.

I’m shocked to hear about the service you experienced with one of our technicians. If you can email us your order details, and possibly include pictures of the set and issues described as well, we would love the opportunity to look further into the matter. Our email address is tellus@roomstogo.com