Raleigh, North Carolina

My parents purchased a sofa set with cash. One of the sections of this expensive set started to show a crease in the middle where you sit.

After further inspection it's because of the poor quality. We called the customer service while it was well into the warranty time. However, it took about 3-4 months for them to send a replacement seat, of which was the wrong product. The installers each time agreed with the problem my parents were physically showing them.

My parents have been very involved with customer service, but they keep getting passed off and lies. They keep getting told expect a call, and a replacement. But that's not true. Now a customer service agent had nerve enough to basically say that they are working with them out of "courtesy" because they are out of warranty.

Even though the installer even mentioned that because this issue was reported before the warranty was over it would be honored to be fixed. We've had 1 installer even come out and find some shabby "creative" work that a previous installer attempted when trying to replace the seat. Boy that made for some interesting pictures. This is so frustrating.

Why do they treat their customers that way. Especially since they purchased an expensive set and paid for it in full. Don't waste your time or money with this company. And I'm going to every site possible to voice my displeasure.

One customer service agent had the audacity to attack my parents integrity over this issue. SERIOUSLY people!!! My parents are in their mid 60's, and soft spoken. They don't deserve this type of treatment.

I was so appalled when that happened. Now, I'm just angry. I'm usually the type of person that sends emails and letters to the company that gives great customer service of praise. I freely do so whether it's a car dealership, barbershop, electronics store (best buy), even to walmart.

Because I feel like so many people complain but how many times do people take the same effort to send words of praise about a wonderful employee-customer experience. Sigh. That's far from true with this company.

With a time like now where social media can make or break companies, you'd think that they'd realize that "word of mouth" can be a dangerous or profitable. It empowers the customer to help these companies realize that we too can fight back.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rooms To Go Cons: Defective poor quality products, Hateful customer service, Their business ethics, Poor quality and service, Insulting comments.

• Living Room Furniture