We purchased a king size bedroom set. After 16 months the support for box springs and mattress began to collapse.

We were told during delivery that we could not use our steel bed frame that was recommended by the mattress manufacturer (Tempurpedic mattress and box springs.) Their solution was vertical supports made of 1x1 wood that are now failing to support and our bed is sagging. While lying in bed you can hear the wood breaking under the weight. (We are not overweight.) When we contacted them for assistance, we were told we were out of warranty (not yet paid in full) and basically good luck finding a way to fix it. Customer service sucks and doesn't seem to care that I've spent thousands of dollars on multiple rooms in my home and know many others that can do the same.

This should not be a warranty issue but a design deficiency, as their support system is insufficient to carry the weight of our mattress and box springs. It also appears that the wood used to build the support was not properly dried and has warped significantly.

Though warranty on the bed has expired, the condition and failure of a component that they dictated I must use after the sale should be something a reputable furniture manufacturer should stand behind.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

J.Moore

Makes you wonder how companies like this grow to be so huge.