New Orleans, Louisiana

We purchased a bedroom set and 4 side tables on May 23, 2015 from Rooms to Go to be delivered just over a week after purchase on July 2, 2015. This transaction was over $1200. Unfortunately, we were not made aware that we only had 48 hours from date of purchase (not from date of delivery/assembly) to return the merchandise. Usually, when this is the case, the store/employee mentions such a policy. It wasn't mentioned, which, in my opinion is sly and deceptive.

The items were delivered on time by two delivery men who assembled the items (bed, dresser, etc) in the designated room (which happens to be my bedroom). When the items were completed, I was asked to sign for delivery. At this time, I asked if I would receive a copy of the document, and was told a flat out "no". I've had a full kitchen of appliances and a washer/dryer set delivered in the past year, and each time I was provided with a copy of the signed delivery confirmation, so I found this no response a bit odd.

Little did I know what I was going to find once these delivery men left my house. I can now only suspect that they didn't give me a copy of the delivery receipt because of their actions.

I went up to my bedroom to further inspect the furniture. While doing this I discovered that the two delivery men had rifled through my belongings and stole a gun from my bedroom desk. An item that was HIDDEN and NOT IN PLAIN SIGHT. Let me say that again. These individuals that I PAID AND TRUSTED to come into my house, then went through my things, and robbed me. While I was home.

I subsequently filed a police report with the serial number of the item stolen and reached out to Rooms To Go. The individuals at Rooms To Go (both in Metarie and Corporate) gave me the run around, have refused to help with anything, and have been downright rude and disrespectful (everything from hanging up on me and using downright disrespectful and unacceptable language).

While I know the customer isn't always right, in this instance I would have expected at the very least the delivery/assembly fee to be refunded. Or perhaps someone at Rooms To Go not insinuate that I am liar or hang up on me. Honestly, I really would have liked to return all the items purchased (over $1200 worth) but I was told time and time again that "refunds just aren't possible". You can make things possible in instances like this.

As an aside, I ordered a mattress from a large box store and the delivery was screwed up beyond belief. At first they told me they couldn't do anything, or refund any amount, but by the end they had refunded a portion and given me a gift card as an apology. It can happen.

The level of disgust and feelings of violation are beyond measure. And then for the entire situation to be glossed over by unprofessional employees is absurd.

One would think that there would be a bit more URGENCY when a GUN is stolen. But apparently not at RTG, it's obvious you care more about interest free and your bottom line rather than the happiness and safety of your customers.

Rooms To Go Cons: Cheats, Quality and customer service, Robbed.

Comments

TellUsRTG

Thank you for your comments, however according to our records we have been corresponding via email regarding your issues. Unfortunately due the nature of the complaint involving a firearm, we do need to wait for the local law enforcement agency to complete their investigation.

In the event you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com. -Melissa