Spring, Texas

I went to the Rooms To Go in The Woodlands, Texas today. I told the salesman, Gary, what I wanted and was ready to purchase.

He told me I needed the leather protection plan for $40. I told him I did not want it. He said I really needed it. I told him I would buy the recliner online.

I don't guess it makes a difference to him whether they lost a sale at the store or not. I felt he was pressuring me into buying something I knew beforehand I did not want. How dumb can these salesmen be when they try to push their *** 'protection plans'?

I was applied for an appliance chain and was told that the warranty plans is the only way they made money. What a waste.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Warranty.

Comments

Rooms to go requires sales people to sell protection plans on 80% of there sales if they dont they will be fired at the end of the month even if they've worked there years. Many sales people rather walk a customer than sell without the protection plan. SAD

I suggest you all go into the store and look at what you would like to get and go home and order online. I have had such wonderful experiences i can not believe it!

Now granted my furniture is not that old but it's amazing the customer service i get online. I'm in Orlando, fl and even the delivery men are so excellent. There was the teeniest and I mean teeny scratch on my Noah pub chair and the guy pulled out a marker and fixed the small scratch with my permission and he said " I want to note this for the future and please keep this pen for any other small scratches." He also told me that every day a repair truck goes all over to repair etc;. I called also because my furniture went down a 100 dollars before it was delivered and also the interst extended 2 years to 2015 and before i could ask she had fixed the order to the new price!

OMG!

Also they show up within the time frame! Always so far!

i found this on the web.....everyone needs to check their reciepts for the slamming of fabric, leather, and Kid's furniture. Please read below:

Rooms to Go - "Slamming" Warranties

Meyerson Cagle is investigating the sales tactics of Rooms to Go after an employee provided details of a process known in the trade as "slamming." Customers who have declined on the furniture fabric protection plan may have the plan charged to their final bill without their knowledge. The sales persons of Rooms to Go are typically assigned quotas on the furniture they sell with these plans and will aggressively pitch the product and treatment.

If you have purchased furniture from Rooms to Go and suspect you may have been slammed, please contact our office. (512) 330-9001

i found this on the meyerson cagle website. everyone needs to check their reciepts for the slamming of fabric, leather, and Kid's furniture. Please read below:

Rooms to Go - "Slamming" Warranties

I agree! I purchased a leather sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman from Rooms To Go in Douglasville, GA in Jan 2010.

I paid $3000.00 for this set. They have called me 3 times already wanting me to give them $391.00 more for a protection agreement. When I refused the last time the lady was very rude and was very demanding that I purchase this.

She also told me that if my furniture was to fall apart only a month after I purchased it they would not exchange it, she said once you buy it its yours unless you purchase this $391.00 protection plan. I will NEVER buy from ROOMS TO GO AGAIN!!!!

Months aago I went to rooms to go in Mcdonough, Ga. The sales guy really tried to sell me furtinue with the protection plan.

I told him several times I wasn't interested In return he said I did need this plan at this point I walked out never to return.

Their customer services wasnt appealing. I have went else where to a little more and it is completely worth it.

I totally agree. I went in yesterday because of their mailed flyer.

Not only is there a special, "2 piece sectional, plus Chair! Only 670!" shown in the flyer for 670ish, but the chair was extra. Ok whatever. Plus I was sold the protection plan on both pieces of the sectional for an added $100.

I never agreed to it, and was never told the price. Calling up later, I was told, "I'm with a customer can you call back tomorrow to get that removed from the order". I call back tomorrow, "well I'm with a customer, can I get your order number so I can submit that to the office when I'm done?" Funny thing is, I requested the lady because she helped us in the past, even though we didnt buy anything.

Last time I go with them. I'd rather pay double somewhere else at this point.