Atlanta, Georgia

I purchased a sectional sofa in 2012 and I also purchased the extended warranty. Last year the recliner on the sofa was not aligned and not shutting properly.

I call rooms to go and they came out and replaced the frame of the recliner and a couple of months later the recliner was doing the same thing only it was worst this time the seat was sinking also, I call again and they came out only to say wear and tear. The serviceman did something and the frame of the sofa ripped my carpet and the padding all the way to the floor. I was upset and they sent another repair man to look at the sofa. He then revealed to me that there were legs that the sofa was suppose to have initially they were never there or attached which was the cause of the problems with the sofa not wear and tear the sofa was defective all along.

The warranty department denied my claim stating that because the sofa was missing parts that it was my duty to report the parts missing. My question is how am I the customer responsible for knowing how the furniture that I purchase brand new is missing any parts and that it is defective. I am not a manufacture or a furniture maker. I did not get any diagrams notifying me of the assembly and parts.

Now they are telling me that it is wear and tear. I am so upset that I purchase furniture from a company this size who states that they back up their products to rip me off like this and they also have not taken responsibility for damaging my floor . I will not let this go..

I am being told wear and tear to avoid them taking responsibility. I also have the sofa that the rooms to go repairman showed me where the legs are supposed to be and that they were never attached and he also showed that they never came with the sofa as they should have and also he has pointed out to me that the sofa sit lower than the other half with all of the correct parts.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Rooms To Go Cons: Being sold defective furniture.

Comments

Please complain to BBB. The more people complain, the sooner these fraudsters will be out of business.