Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

We purchased a recliner, reclining sofa and stationary love seat at Rooms to Go in February 2013. At the end of October 2013 the back on the left side of the sofa sounded like the wood cracked when my husband sat on it and reclined back one night. As for the recliner, it's higher on the right than the left when it is in a reclined position. This furniture came with a 1 year warranty.

The repair technician came out on November 16, 2013 to look at the furniture. He said the frame of the sofa was broke although I have no idea how he could determine what broke considering that he couldn't remove the back off that side of the sofa to actually see what broke and he adjusted the recliner which is worse now than before. He said he would make his report to customer service.

We received a call from customer service on November 20, 2013 and were told that we the customer broke the reclining sofa and that it would not be covered under the warranty. Nothing was said about the recliner. My husband asked to speak to the manager of the customer service rep and he was initially told that there wasn't one 2 or 3 times by the customer service rep and then when he requested again to speak to the manager he was told she left at 4:30 PM. Totally rude and definitely there is no quality assurance recording like with other customer service call centers to ensure the consumer is pleased with the end result.

So now we're left with a piece of *** reclining sofa broke on the one side and a recliner that leans to the left when you recline back on it - all furniture less than 1 year old and should be covered by the warranty.

This whole episode has been a nightmare and I will definitely never recommend anyone to buy furniture from Rooms To Go.

Considering all the complaints I've been reading on line regarding Rooms to Go in all the states they have stores, this company needs to be put out of business. Shame on them!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Warranty.

Comments

We bought a living room set , chair was delivered broken , now i need to return the whole set but they are giving us a hard time because the chair that was delivered broken is discontinued , no follow up call iam trying to chase them on the phone, no luck yet, nightmare, rude people on the phone .worst experience ever.

Sounds like a better business bureau case to me.

TellUsRTG

I apologize for any inconvenience this ordeal has caused for you. Rooms To Go is very proud of our integrity and would never condone this treatment to our customers.

We would love the opportunity to investigate this with our service department if you could please send us your purchase information to tellus@roomstogo.com with PissedConsumer as the subject line. Thanks.