Rooms To Go - Review about Leather Sectional from Angier, North Carolina
My husband and I purchased a "leather" sectional from rooms to go six years ago.A few months ago I noticed the corner piece had cracks and had started peeling.
We had purchased a $150 extended warranty, but it was only for three years. I called around to a few upholstery shops and they each told me real leather doesn't peel. One vendor told me it would take a lot longer for real leather to start showing signs of wear and tear.
I called RTG and was told because we were outside of the six year RTG warranty period there was nothing they could do.
I even asked if I could pay to have a RTG repairman come out and repair the sectional and was again told no. The csr explained that the lifetime of the sectional was six years and beyond that time there was nothing they could do. When I asked if the sectional was real leather I was told it was actually blended leather; blended with what the csr wasn't able to tell me. He also wasn't able to tell me why the sectional was represented as leather.
We never would have spent $1900 for this sectional if we had known it would only last six years.
We have furnished much of our home from RTG, but I won't ever shop there again.Lesson learned!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Leather Sectional
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We called customer service as soon as they left after we saw the damage on our brand new floors but they were closed. The delivery guys did not use..."
- "We purchased a "Leather" sectional furniture 7 years ago at Rooms to Go. A few months ago starting peeling to the point that one of the sectionals is totally..."
- "October of 2014 I made a purchase of a power reclining sofa and stationary loveseat from Rooms to Go. 2 Months into it the back of the couch was flat..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "on June 16th my wife got a text message ( see attachment) that stated that if we upgraded her phone to the new S7 that we would receive a gift..."
- "...If this had been a $40 reborn like baby, I would have been pleased.But considering what I paid for it, I'm not...."