Rooms To Go - Review about Leather Sectional from Angier, North Carolina

My husband and I purchased a "leather" sectional from rooms to go six years ago.A few months ago I noticed the corner piece had cracks and had started peeling.

We had purchased a $150 extended warranty, but it was only for three years. I called around to a few upholstery shops and they each told me real leather doesn't peel. One vendor told me it would take a lot longer for real leather to start showing signs of wear and tear.

I called RTG and was told because we were outside of the six year RTG warranty period there was nothing they could do.

I even asked if I could pay to have a RTG repairman come out and repair the sectional and was again told no. The csr explained that the lifetime of the sectional was six years and beyond that time there was nothing they could do. When I asked if the sectional was real leather I was told it was actually blended leather; blended with what the csr wasn't able to tell me. He also wasn't able to tell me why the sectional was represented as leather.

We never would have spent $1900 for this sectional if we had known it would only last six years.

We have furnished much of our home from RTG, but I won't ever shop there again.Lesson learned!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 19 #1097188

This sounds super disappointing. Would you be able to send us your order info along with images of the furniture to, so we can look into this?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.