Alex P Ugl

| map-marker Coral Springs, Florida

New furniture damaged, unsatisfactory response from RTG

We purchased a patio set from the Rooms to Go at the Millenia location in Orlando on January 21, 2024. Our order # is 3037****.

The items we purchased were a Pleasant Bay loveseat, club chair and wedge frame along with the cushions to go with them. Additionally, we purchased a 3 year Fortegra service contract to cover damage to all the cushions. Our total purchase was almost $7000.

The RTG crew brough out our furniture about a week later and set it up. They did a great job getting everything in place.

At no time in this process were we given instructions about the care and/or proper use of the teak furniture.

Around the 1st of March, we discovered that the undersides of the cushions that were in contact with the teak had been stained. Almost, if not all, of the cushions were affected. Its very apparent that the oils from the teak had stained the cushions.

I contacted Fortegra immediately to file a claim under our service contract. Our claim number with Fortegra was #207****.

We email back and forth, they requested pictures of the damage, which I provided. On March 12, Fortegra denied our claim stating;

Thank you for submitting your pictures. We have further reviewed your claim, unfortunately, dye transfer or other stains are not covered under your service contract. This policy only covers specific stains.

If you have further questions, please review your contract for more details, specifically the "What is Not Covered" section. Based on the contract, we are unable to approve this claim. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I then contacted Rooms to Go at their email address tellus@***.com and opened a service ticket with them. (Ticket #366382) I detailed with them the issue with the cushions.

They sent a service representative to my house on the 22nd of March. He examined the cushions, took pictures, and agreed with our estimation that the teak had stained the cushions. He indicated that he would submit a recommendation that the cushions be replaced.

After about a week, I contacted RTG at their email and asked for an update to our claim. After several emails back and forth, they have denied the claim, referring us back to Fortegra.

Their response as follows;

Thank you for your response. As we understand your concerns, we are unable to set an exchange on the cushions as we stated previously this is not covered under our one-year Rooms To Go service contract. We can only suggest contacting Fortegra to dispute the decision of your claim results or we may place the paid part order for the cushions. We are truly sorry for any frustrations this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back should you have any further questions.

This furniture is less than 90 days old. The damage to the cushions was not caused by mishandling or misuse. This is a manufacturer defect.

We are not asking for anything unreasonable, just to make it right. I should not be required to pay for a resolution to this problem.

Please contact ASAP with a response.

User's recommendation: Stay away from RTG and Fortegra. Customer service is no good.

Junia Dae
map-marker Brooksville, Florida

Total dissatisfaction

Rooms To Go - Total dissatisfaction
Rooms To Go - Total dissatisfaction - Image 2
Rooms To Go - Total dissatisfaction - Image 3

Brand new white leather sofa and love seat by the Drew brothers. Sections are turning reddish-pink.

The service rep. came and took pictures. They are saying this is not the manufacturers fault. This is caused by exposure to light.

The furniture is in the middle of the house. No direct light. I cannot believe they are claiming such nonsense and cannot believe the brothers would put their name to subpar product. And shame on rooms to go for not making this purchase right.

They are refusing to do anything about it.

So we have furniture thats 2 months old turning a different color. Unbelievable!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Subpar furniture and customer satisfaction

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not buy at Room to Go!!!!!!

Debralee Twm

Just spoke with the warranty company per your request. They say this is a manufacturer defect and RTG is supposed to assist and make it right. This is within the first year and under manufacture warranty.

TellUsRTG

We're sorry to hear that! Please reach out to us by texting CARE to 76667 or chat with our care team at www.RoomsToGo.com

reply icon Replying to comment of TellUsRTG

No you’re not sorry. You are still denying to help with the situation. This is your response when I tried your CARE number - I am sorry if service denied this there is nothing further we can do, You are more than welcome to call the warranty company at 888-835-**** to see if they will do something but we are not able to do anything further.

View more comments (2)
April S Nrw

| map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how the insurance they pressure you to buy is worthless. A sofa, love seat, table & chairs are so mared/discolored.

Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how the...
Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how... - Image 2
Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how... - Image 3
Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how... - Image 4
Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how... - Image 5
Rooms To Go - For shoppers to understand just how poorly made their furniture is and how... - Image 6

First off understand I'm 71 and live alone so there are no children, family wear and tear nothing just the poorest quality furniture I have ever purchased. A white table has a large purple mark on the top that I have tried everything to get off NOT COVERED.

A Leather couch that has big dark discoloration marks all over it and a console piece that it ripping at the stitches. NOT COVERED. Why because if your furnture just falls apart that doesn't matter there as to be an act with an object for it to be covered. Every salesman at the store just tells you take a knife and just lash through couch and they will replace it, An old lady has to take a knife and slice her funiture or or grab chain saw and saw off the table leg for it to covered when their furniture is just crap and I paid $6,000 3 years ago and I can't even put it on the free market because it makes me look a deranged person that either never cleaned anything or lived like a pig.

When somebody says how can you seat that when I washed it down weekly but the leather is ripping and the brown spots all over are just horrible furniture. DO NOT EVER BUY ANY FURNITURE FROM ROOMS TO GO.

you think you saving and it's all you can afford, guess what -- it might only last 3 years if you are lucky most of their furniture doesn't. GUARDIAN INSURANCE AND POLICIES are the biggest joke out there unless you like taking a knife to your furniture and blaming someone you know as a deranged person that just craved your couch up NOTHING IS COVERED That's not the I am and that is not who I wanted to be I just brought that I thought have for at least 10 years.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Designer names speedy delivery and fast talking salespeople
Cons:
  • Its the furniture that the quality and construction

Preferred solution: I would have liked the insurance to cover a new table and a new couch. I wanted to tell others stay away from rooms to go furniture the quality is horrible

User's recommendation: PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ROOMS TO GO AND DON'T FALL FOR THE GUARDIAN INSURANCE

Sami H Ezv

Billing

I have gotten one bill on my purchase. I have received any more and I DO NOT want to do paperless. Thank you

map-marker Mount Vernon, Alabama

A reimbursement for damage done on my property

My first call took several long tries Iwas sent to delivery dept. and got no response the second call they promised to send my complaint over. The last time I called she said she was surprised that no one hadnt contacted on their plans to resolve the damage done to my property. Im still waiting.The thing is I didnt have a delivery scheduled from Rooms2Go
TellUsRTG

We are truly sorry to hear this was your experience. We are more than happy to look into this further for you. Care to send us an email to TellUs@***.com?

map-marker Birmingham, Alabama

Sectional sofa

2 weeks after paying off my sectional sofa bought over a year ago, now has started coming un-sewn. Poor quality is an understatement. I have no children, Im 55 and no grandchildren. *** we dont even sit on it and now I notice its coming undone at the seems.

Linda M Wbz

| map-marker Corpus Christi, Texas

Cheap Quality and Poor Customer Service

I paid cash for a king sized bedroom set and full leather living room set. The finish came off dresser when some oil from diffuser spilled. Customer service was lousy. I emailed owner and called Florida. No help at all! Now the leather couch is coming apart. It's only a year old. Pure crap!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and extended service contract
  • Poor quality product

User's recommendation: Don't buy Rooms to Go

TellUsRTG

We're truly concerned to hear about this. We are more than happy to look into this further for you!

Please reach out to us via email at TellUs@***.com with your order info and these details. We look forward to hearing back from you soon!

map-marker Pompano Beach, Florida

Defective merchandise

Exchange mattress 2 times same issue ...now sofa peeling purchased warranty still no help ... customer service no answers

User's recommendation: Do your homework...shop elsewhere

Michele R Lmu
map-marker Palm Beach, Florida

Horrific customer service damaged my floor furniture and doors during delivery period manager cahillas corporate office Could care less maybe mister seaman the owner should really take a look at his r

Rooms To Go - Horrific customer service damaged my floor furniture and doors during delivery...
Rooms To Go - Horrific customer service damaged my floor furniture and doors during... - Image 2
Rooms To Go - Horrific customer service damaged my floor furniture and doors during... - Image 3
Damage furniture damage house damage floors damage door Or quote on the ring video camera over it This company is the worst and then the driver went ahead and forged a signature Which isn't even my name
Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible

User's recommendation: Don't go here

| map-marker Winter Park, Florida

Poor customer service.

Rooms To Go - Poor customer service.
Rooms To Go - Poor customer service. - Image 2
Rooms To Go - Poor customer service. - Image 3
Rooms To Go - Poor customer service. - Image 4
Purchased fortega service plan on bedroom salesperson did not include nightstands. Told it was my fault for not checking, treated poorly by clermont, fl store manager Courtney Clark, and never received call back from corporate after several phone calls. Surface of nightstand peeling and RTG refuses to rectify. Negligence on salesperson, Charles Beasley. How do you not include nightstands on service plan on purchase of entire bedroom set? Someone from RTG needs to contact me to rectify their mistake.

User's recommendation: Read contract carefully before payment because salespeople not trained carefully and negligent..

Jennifer Z Zil

| map-marker Kings Mountain, North Carolina

Damaged fire place

I ordered a 2,000 TV entertainment console and when it was delivered my camera outside captured the guys dropping my furniture off the truck with no care in the world. When I called and sent the video footage all I got was we can switch it out.

No discount no nothing.

I will never shop this company again. And I will start posting the video online so others know how they treat their customers furniture.

User's recommendation: Don't order

TellUsRTG

Jennifer, we are truly sorry to hear your console was dropped. We are more than happy to look into this for you. Please send us an email with your order info and these details to TellUs@***.com.

reply icon Replying to comment of TellUsRTG

Thanks, but your not really sorry because when I called customer service all I received was an attitude from the lady I was speaking with and explained I'm losing time and money by taking off to wait for people to come look at it and now they have to come again to look at it. The only response I got was well we are gonna replace it if you want it's up to you.

View more comments (1)
Jason W Qam

| map-marker Webster, Texas

Unfavorable customer service

bought matteess firm rooms to go in 2017, after 3 years there was a sag in the matteess, they came out, said it was bad, so they replaced it, now, 3 years later, same issue. I go to rooms to go, they dont have a comparable mattress, so the closest comparable is 600$ more, plus tax and delivery!

i contact Beauty Rest they say same thing.

thats is total crap I have to pay for the same quality. its not my fault they made faulty mattress.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Make you buy higher priced item

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: dont buy

Guest

I made the mistake of buying their furniture several years ago. The dressers that were delivered had junk in the drawers.

Crumbs and loose change under the couch cushions. When my husband sat on our "new" couch, a board broke. Keep in mind, he was 6'3" and 180 lbs.

When we complained, they said they would make sure we received brand new furniture and would deliver in promptly. When I asked when to expect it, they said "we don't know, we aren't sending a delivery truck just for you".

Guest

heres there response. NEVER BUY FROM ROOMS TO GO Kareda Dear Valued Customer, Thanks for your reply.

Please know if the price of the mattress is greater the customer will be responsible for the difference in price. We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused. 06 Sep, 11:22 You so, basically your telling me that there is nothing you can do. if I want a comparable mattress ill have to pay 600$?

Sent from my iPhone 06 Sep, 04:16 Kareda Dear Valued Customer, Thanks for reaching out to Rooms To Go with your concerns. We're sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your mattress and would be happy to look into this for you. Please know the manufacture warrants this mattress for 10 years. During this time if there are any defects the mattress will either be replaced if in stock or reselected to a different one.

Unfortunately this mattress is discontinued as we no longer carry. We're truly sorry for any frustration this may have caused.

View more comments (2)
Susan G Xno

Verified Reviewer

Question about a new rug

Rooms To Go - Question about a new rug
Rooms To Go - Question about a new rug - Image 2
Rooms To Go - Question about a new rug - Image 3
Rooms To Go - Question about a new rug - Image 4
I have a new rug that has some pieces of yarn sticking up. Is this a defect or can I cut them? I noticed this one area the first time I vacuumed it.

Preferred solution: I would like someone to look at this & tell me if it is a defect in the rug.

User's recommendation: We furnished our house 3years ago from Rooms to Go & we’re very satisfied. So when I decided I wanted 2 new rugs I ordered from them online. However, one of the rugs had some frayed yarns that I am concerned about. Do I reached out to them but have not heard back from them yet! It’s been at least 3 weeks.

TellUsRTG

We're sorry to learn about this experience and we'd be happy to help in any way we can. Please chat with our team at www.RoomsToGo.com or text CARE to 76667. We look forward to hearing from you!

Tim B Wsv
map-marker Clayton, North Carolina

Service call followup

Impossible to get to speak to someone. Its like they dont wNt to speak to anyone that has a problem. Its like if they ignore you long enough you will give up and go away

User's recommendation: Get good phone numbers

map-marker Guayaquil, Provincia Del Guayas

ORDER COMPLAINT 2985****

I want to make a complaint that is hurting me a lot.

I made a purchase on December 13, 2022 (ORDER 2897****) for international shipping to Ecuador. The dispatch was done, and after that, we made the corresponding tax refund request through Customer Care, sending the export BL so they order for the refund of these values.

They send me to contact the store of Miami (Doral) because they will coordinate the refund.

I tried it several times but was unsuccessful.

In August I traveled to Miami and went to the store where I was assisted by Sales Mananger Mr. David Rodriguez, who requested the refund and asked me to return to pick up the check at his store. On August 21 we returned to pick up the check, but, as Mr. Rodriguez told me, the check had been sent by mistake to an old address of my daughter and he apologized to me.

As we make a new purchase, we agree that the value corresponding to the tax refund would be credited to this purchase (ORDER 2985****) and the check drawn would be voided.

It was coordinated for the shipment to be carried out in the next few days, taking advantage of the fact that I am importing other products and I have space in a container that must leave Miami on September 21.

I don't know why they haven't shipped me yet, the seller doesn't answer my calls or messages, but if the cargo arrives after the date the container leaves, we will incur very heavy expenses that I shouldn't assume. Please I need an URGENT solution.

Richard M Rcf

| map-marker Rayleigh, England

No refunds, poors management, poor salespeople

Rooms To Go - No refunds, poors management, poor salespeople
Updated by user Mar 02, 2023

Was so upset with even thinking about it, that I just finished the paperwork to dispute payment on credit card. Hope they resolve it. Next step will be small claims court.

Original review Jan 25, 2023
I went with my daughter to buy for her a couch and bed as I had their Rooms to Go credit card by Synchrony bank and was going to take advantage of their no interest financing. I got this card about 3.5 years ago when I purchased for my house an adjustable bed frame and mattress, dresser, television stand and recliner.

I told the salesperson then that I did not want to buy any warranties. I was charged with a warranty on each item. This was resolved by calling to store to get them to deduct the amount. Lots of wasted time due to a poor sales woman who did not listen but tried to pad her commission.

Wasted lots of time calling the store to solve this.
This time we got another sales woman that I made sure to tell her that we did not want to buy any warranties. She showed us a couch. Daughter told her that she was also interested in a mattress and be. This was after 6:30pm on 12/27/2022 so they were not at all busy.

She was seen talking to another salesman at the front of the store as he was not busy. Salesperson did not stay with us so we looked at the beds. The other man asked if my daughter would like to try the bed. She told him she wanted everything there which is the mattress, bed, and head board.

He told her it would be $4,448.
It was now near closing time so we found the first saleswoman and told her that she wanted the couch and also wanted the bed. She said she will be right back and was gone for about 20 minutes.We had to ring up both orders with both salespeople as it was now past 8pm and the store was closed so I just glanced at the notebook to see that the price is what I was told.
Did not find out until two days later when the mattress arrived that it did not include the head board! Called and talked to the salesman and he said that we did not purchase it. But he said he could take some money off and order one.
So I cancelled the couch as he said that this saleswoman just told him that we wanted the frame and mattress.

Talked to the district manager and was told that he could sell me one at cost for $200. I would have never made this purchase had I known that the price did not come with a head board. If he was a good salesman, he would have tried to sell some more and asked if she wanted to purchase a head board.

This happened at the store on Glenwood Ave. Raleigh, NC
Loss:
Pros:
  • Decent products
Cons:
  • No refunds or warranties and poor management

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: No return policy. Buy better mattress per Consumer Reports and get a warranty

TellUsRTG

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article