Englishtown, New Jersey

I have been waiting 2 months for a 50" TV, which was part of an order on

a living room set I purchased at Rooms to GO.

After calling numerous times to Rooms to Go both the store and Customer Service for an update I was told the TV was on back order and was I willing to wait.

Finally I called back to inform the store I wasn't able to wait any longer

and wanted to be refunded for the TV, They told me that I would have to contact Best Buy for the refund. I didn't buy the TV from Best Buy why did I have to call them?

After 2 calls to Best Buy they informed me that Rooms to Go knew that the TV was on back order and didn't bother to tell the customers and they would send me a gift card for their store, which I didn't want I just wanted my money back. To add insult to injury I had purchased a 4 year warranty from Rooms to Go on the TV for another $150.00 I'm still trying to retrieve that money, so far the number they provided me for that part is bogus.

What a hassle! You would think that their customer service would handle this NOOOOOOOOOO they did absolutely nothing! They let me do all the leg work hoping I would give up and then they'd be ahead of the game. I deal with reputable companies all the time and never encountered such incompetence and deceit. If I had only researched their track record on the internet first, after reading some of the posts Wow!!!!

I run my own business, if i operated like this I'd be OUT of Business!

P.S I'm still waiting for the Myrtle Beach Store Manager to call back it's only been a week now. Buyer Beware

Comments

THE TVS ARE NOT FREE. THE ADVERTIZMENT IS MISLEADING AND THE SALES PEOPLE SAY ITS FREE BUT IF YOU LOOK ON THE BACK OF THE PLAQUES YOU ACTUALLY PAY FOR THE TVS!

CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. TNHEY GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

I purchased the living room set with TV earlier this year. The salesman told me as soon as the furniture was delivered I would have to contact the Rooms To Go/Best Buy reps to set a TV delivery date and it would be delivered within a week.

The furniture was delivered immediately as promised, but when I called to set up the TV delivery they were rude and told me to read the fine print, which states that they will contact me within 14 days of the furniture delivery date. I waited 14 days and they still hadn't called. I called them again and they assured me they would call in a few more days to set it up. I called 3 days later, and got the same response again.

I waited another 3 days and called and this time I was told the TV was on backorder. I waited another week and called back to be told it was still on backorder, but this time they offered either a gift certificate to Best Buy or other TV options. By now I had waited well over a month, so I told them I wanted to research the other TV's before making a decision and then I'd call back. I made a decision to go with another TV so I called back to change the order the next day.

This time they stated that I would have to Email them with the request and they would process it immediately so I did so. I called back a week later, because I hadn't heard anything and I was told it takes up to 14 days from the date of my Email to process the new request and set up a delivery date, but they stated I could go to a local Best Buy and see if the TV was in stock and I could pick it up directly. After a few days of not being called for the delivery I decided to check my local Best Buy and found the TV in stock. I called from the store to advise them that it was in stock and I wished to just pick it up myself instead of waiting "forever" for the delivery and I was told that I would have to send an Email choosing this option.

I was smart enough to see through the *** and asked if I would have to wait another 14 days to process the change and they stated that I would. By now I decided to contact Rooms To Go management and rescind my deal. They put on a little show and acted sympathetic and stated they would contact their contacts and get me my TV by the end of the week. I waited until the end of the week and heard nothing.

I called Rooms To Go and spoke to the manager again who said he had a definate delivery date for me the next Tuesday. Still no delivery on Tuesday. Manager was not at work so I called him Wednesday and he said there was a mix-up and I had a delivery date for Friday. I told him I would not accept the TV and I wanted him to get their furniture.

I will admit that they did pick up their furniture, and reimburse me my downpayment without problem. I will never buy from Rooms To Go or Best Buy again.

i bought the living room set and the free tv well i got the living room set and the coffee table is broke and the under side of the couch is comming off and still no tv these *** said it would be here the next week and the service people will come look at my coffee table next month was the soonest time ... why cant they just hold up on there word? *** me off so bad i DONT reccamend them for ***

I AM SO DIGUSTED BY ROOMS TO GO, THEY REFUSE TO SEND ME MY FURNITURE. I AM ON MONTHLY PAYMENTS THAT I PAY 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT EVERY MONTH TO PAY IT OFF FASTER AND STILL NO RESPECT FROM THESE IDIOTS.

I AM TAKING THEIR BUTTS TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND I WILL GET MY FURNITURE BACK + DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT. THEY HAVE VIOLATED THE "SALE OF GOODS ACT OF 1979" AND THAT WILL BE MY DEFENSE. PLEASE DONT BE MISLEAD BY THEIR SALES PEOPLE. STARTING FROM THE CUST SERV REPS THE MAJORITY ARE INCOMPETENT.

YOU WILL NEVER GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER FROM ANYONE...THEY WILL GIVE YOU DIFFERENT STORIES. SO BEWARE!

THEY ARE LIARS, AND THEY TELL YOU THAT YOUR FURNITURE WILL BE DELIVERED ON A CERTAIN DATE AND OF COURSE THEY LIED TO ME 3 TIMES. I STILL HAVEN'T RECIEVED MY FURNITURE, THAT I PURCHASED BACK IN FEBRUARY OF 2010.

THEY REMIND ME OF OUR POLITICIANS IN WASHINGTON, ONCE YOU PURCHASE YOU'RE AT THEIR MERCY. LOW LIFE INCOMPETENT IDIOTS.