New Orleans, Louisiana

After Hurricane Katrina, my daughter needed a new bed (among other things). We ordered the Castle Tent Bed from RTG, which was adorable. This is the series of events that occurred with our purchase and delivery:

1- After paying on the bed in their lay-a-way system, I realized they had charged me for an additional warranty -- which I specifically stated I did not want.

2- When I returned to the store (30 miles away) to point out their deceit, I was treated like a "poor consumer" for not purchasing the warranty.

3- During the scheduled delivery week, RTG contacted me to say the bed was on backorder. My daughter was distraught.

4- When the bed was finally delivered 12 days later, for assembly and set up, they didn't have the hardware to put the bed together.

5- After the bed was set up in our home for 1 week (8 days), the lower tent/canopy fell and would no longer stick to the wood.

6- When I contacted RTG for a repair, I was told that it couldn't be replaced. I then asked them to refund my money and come get their bed. With that statement, they scheduled a repairman on the following Monday.

7- Monday they didn't show up and I called only to find that it was scheduled on Tuesday - my workday(their error). I rescheduled for sometime at the end of the week, but was told that the next available repair service wasn't until the following week.

We are still waiting for the replacement piece and I am guessing I will have to repair it myself. This has not been a pleasant shopping experience and I can not recommend this business. Sorry.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Warranty.

Comments

I had a similar problem about a year ago with a 3 piece bunkbed set I bought from RTG in Metairie, LA. After 3 failed delivery attempts, I finally got the bed only to find that drawers didn't fit well and one drawer was cracked. Children's Store manager refused to talk with me but salesman told me this is a common problem with inferior merchandise.