Raleigh, North Carolina

Unfortunately, many of us end up at stores like this because we have limited funds. We needed a kitchen table and chairs. I SPECIFICALLY asked if the set I liked was *solid wood* and was told YES. The sales rep obviously misrepresented because it is NOT solid wood...the table top is manufactured wood.

We are *very* careful with our furniture and take good care of it. About 6 months after purchase, I discovered the table top *bubbling*. Now knowing the top was manufactured wood, I assumed it was our fault and cautioned everyone to be even more gentle. Then I noticed bubbles appearing all over the table top...BUT ONLY ON ONE SIDE. BOTH sides of our table receive the same use, so it seems obvious to me that one side of my table is defective.

I called them to have a service tach come out, who determined that the bubbles were NOT a defect (of course...that would mean money lost on THEIR part)...even the bubbles which are in areas which never receive any use/wear.

I have appealed their decision but I'm not holding my breath. The bottom line is, companies know they have us over a barrel because people can't afford other options these days, and we're just a number to them. There is no customer service or loyalty. Everything is so anonymous and buried under computers...there is no responsibility, no pride of craftsmanship...it's all made under slave conditions in some third world country. I will never buy from them again.

For $1,000, I expected it would last more than 6 months.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Customer Care.

Comments

Can you tell which table you purchased? I was thinking of the highland park table but nervous to buy because no store in my area carries it so I would have to order online which makes me very nervous.

I think it is advertized as solid wood on the website too.

I’m sorry to hear about the problems that you are having with your dining room table, and can promise you that certainly is not the case. Rooms To Go takes pride in the quality of the products that we sell and stand behind all new purchases with a one year warranty that protects against manufacturer defects.

In situations that you have described, the causing of the bubbling is often caused by in home use.

Even if done unintentionally, water residue or hot items can cause situations like this. If you can email us at tellus@roomstogo.com with the details and order information, we would be more than happy to take a closer look into the situation to see if there is anything that we can do for you.

@David_Johnson

David.... It's a kitchen table.

I have had my current table for 18 years and it still looks great! I have three kids so lots of spilled water and milk. I have place hot items down all the time and no issues. How do you avoid what you are suggesting when it's a kitchen table?!

I'm confused.