Cape Coral, Florida

We went into Rooms to Go in Ft. Myers to look at an advertised table.

While we were examining the table, a salesman named Adam came up to us and was extremely confrontational. I really thought he and my husband would come to blows. He should learn to shut up and listen to what the consumer is saying. Upon leaving the store he was hurling insults at us all because we didn't think the table was good quality, or feel the need to answer his question as to what we did for a living.

What does that have to do with buying a table?? If we ask what type of wood something is made of, why not just answer the question?

Comments

Tamywryinfl

I know what you mean! When trying to explain the situation with the ripping me off with 4 defective/discontinued beds in 2 years, and them over charging me for it, and paying the transport fee too!

I tried to talk to the manager Greg, and he was rude, refused to listen. I called the BBB on them so we will see what happens next.

I know what you're talking about. But I have to say the managers I've met and the customer support people at that store are pretty good but I am not a big fan of the sales staff either.

We've bought from there 2 times now because we like the styles and the quality really is surprisingly good if you pick the right stuff. Its worth bypassing the sales staff and explore the store for what you like.

Pay attention to the sales staff on duty and make a mental note of who doesn't look and act like a tool then when you're ready grab the one you like! It's hard to beat their prices and financing I think.(but not impossible)

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALEMAN'S NAME. DEMAND HIS CARD.

TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE HIS JOB. I do that whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results.

BE A PITT BULL. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT.

It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie, abuse and and treat customers like trash thinking they can get away with it. DO IT A FEW TIMES AND YOU WILL FEEL CONFIDENT EXPECTING THE BEST TREATMENT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER DESERVES. VOTE WITH YOUR $$$ AND BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT ABUSES OR CHEATS THE CONSUMERS. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLKY YOURSELF.

THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***

So... what do you do for a living? :grin