Tomball, Texas

We started construction on our new home in November of 2012. We went ahead and ordered furniture for the home and had it on hold till the completion of the house. The furniture was delivered at the end of February 2013; the furniture looks terrible. It has broken down and torn in spots. We have spoken with local store officials, and the store manager. We get a response, "we can't do anything here, call the 800#." We have spoken with customer service and have gotten no where... We were told not to shop at Rooms to Go but got "roped" in by a sales pitch. Now we have to look at the embarrassment of a bad decision, which was to shop at Rooms to Go. I have patio furniture that has held up better for many years in weather then this couch from Rooms to Go...

All we have asked for is a refund for this mess. We would have considered a return but I don't want to deal with Rooms to Go every again. I will make sure that my circle of influence knows about this situation.

Advice: Pay More and prevent the embarrassment of getting taking by a refund and return policy made to NOT work.

(Pictures by request)

Comments

We purchased a white L-shaped faux leather couch set from someone who'd purchased it 6 months earlier from Rooms to Go. We have been shocked to see this furniture peel & fall apart for no apparent reason. Very disappointing - we've never seen anything like it - and we'll never shop at this store.

TellUsRTG

Hi-I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your living room set. I would be glad to take a look at the account and see what we can do. Could you email me your order details to Tellus@Roomstogo.com along with some pictures if possible with "Attention Pissed Consumer" as the subject please?

I purchased a Living room set about a year ago and have only

visited our condo in Florida three times. I notice that the back

tufted cushion has collapsed or become unsewn.

I was told to call the 800 number for customer service. The lady I spoke to was rude and told me the year warranty was just up.

What do I do?

usergz

UPDATE:

I will be sending an email to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com, but I wanted to update on our recent experience with the "so-called" customer service. We have had two people come out from Rooms To Go to view the furniture, both have commented that the furniture look terrible and that the brand we purchased is *** But when we call the customer service they say that they will replace the defected parts.

WE DO NOT WANT THIS FURNITURE... Get this... they want to replace it with the same type of furniture, REALLY? So the furniture has broken down in 2 months and you want to simply give us the same furniture.

WOW! Again, Learned my lesson about shopping at Rooms To Go. Always trust wise individuals when shopping in retail.

We were warned but went for the "deal" and the salesmans' promise. Burned.

TellUsRTG

This is surprising to hear as we expect our furniture to last longer than a few months. We would like to look further into your account and see what we can do to assist you.

Please send us your order details to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com, "Attentionn Pissed Consumer" as well as any pictures should you have some. We apologize for the disappointment and look forward to hearing from you.