Athens, Georgia
2.1K views

I walked in to Rooms To Go in Hoover Al on May 21 2012 and ordered $4000.00 worth of furniture. Our salesperson, Lynn was fabulous, knowledgable and very helpful in getting us what we wanted.

He set it up for an "EXPRESS Delivery" , meaning I would have to sit home all day and wait for their independent contractor to deliver. An hour after I left the store, I recieved a phone call reminding me of a pre-set doctors appointment, so I called the 1-800 numbr of the bill of sale.(1-800-766-6786). When the lady answered the phone, I explained my situation and was informed then that if I was not at home when the delivery people attempted to show up that I would have to wait a week or 2 for the next attempt. (First off, my husband is the GM of a moving ( residental as well ascommercial moving service) AND does last mile delivery for many reputable companies) Rooms to Go USED to be one of them , but your customer servie people were so rude ,demanding and hard to deal with that they dropped you).

I asked the last to either (1) call and see if the time of delivery could be changed to the afternoon or (2) if they could deilver to my husbands dock. Neither could be done according to the lady I spoke with becuase it was "locked" into the system. That is BS ! Anything can be changed.

Finally, I called my husband to see if he could get something done about it.. Yes, he got the delivery location changed but was told by a *** girl..

" once delivered to his dock, rooms to go no longer guaranteed their product becaus eit was not going to the orginal location" and if it was not left at the location, all warrenties would be null and void."...

I will not be back as a customer of Room To Go! There are MANY ,MANY furniture stores in the Birmingham area that are reputable and have great customer service.

Comments

I’m sorry to hear about your recent experience. Once the delivery has been routed, some changes can be difficult to make given the amount of notice that we are provided. However, this does not excuse the behavior of the representative that you spoke with.

If you can, send us an email to tellus@roomstogo.com, we’d like to get the details so that we can make sure that situations like this are better addressed in the future!