Lawrenceville, Georgia
5.8K views

WE HAD GONE TO A ROOMS TO GO STORE, LOOKED AT FURNITURE AND APPLIED FOR CREDIT FOR 2800 AND WAS DENIED, THE MANAGER SAID I WOULD BE GETTING LETTER, MY CREDIT SCORE IS 705, I HAD JUST BEEN APPROVED FOR A HUD HOME WHICH AS YOU KNOW IS VERY HARD TO GET APPROVED FOR, THE LOAN HUD WAS GIVING WAS FOR 200,000.00, WHAT A JOKE, ROOMS TO GO WONT APPROVE ME FOR 2800 I HAVE A GOOD CREDIT PAY MY BILLS ON TIME. I BELIEVE THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, I HAVE BEEN READING OTHER COMMENTS OF SIMILAR PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THE SAME.

I BELIEVE THE BBB NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THEM AND FIND OUT WHY THEY REJECT TO MANY PEOPLE WITH GOOD CREDIT. I T WAS THE WORST AND MOST EMBARRASING EXPERIENCE.

Comments

#1196789

yeah,99.9% of applicants are disapproved,but approved for a very,very high interest loan (bordering an illegal interest rate).....nothing but a *** scam...just like Trump!

@Anonymous

Has nothing to do with politics why even bring it up! Come on now!

Rooms to go horrible service horrible credit.

I bought 4400 from them. i paid 2400 up front.

then paid my 2k i owed in 3 months. then 3 months later they billed an extra 500.

WTF!! scam artists

If you had been approved for the acct your mtg company may have denied you right before you closed. Your realtor should have told you to never buy anything big or apply for anything with credit right before closing due to adjustments in income/debt ratio. You are lucky RTG denied you or you may not have gotten that house.

I was reading the comments here having just applied for a RTG credit line. Not sure what my score is exactly, I would imagine at least 600.

However I did put in i had a mortgage that would be almost half my pay gross. I was approved. I think you will get credit if they believe you will have difficulty paying the loan or credit off. How else would the lender make money.

FYI: I have no mortgage or rent and under reported buy at least 1200 by accident.

Hope this helps you guys out. Its not ROOMS To Go fault.

GE is a very irresponsible company. I pay them every month and y they put a negative mark on my credit. they don't have their ,,,,, together, you are lucky they declined you.

I applied and within a second it said I was declined. They should at least tell you why. RTG is most likely losing thousands of dollars they should get with a new credit company.

Yes I work for RTG. It is not RTG it is GE Money bank......We enter the information they give us the answer.

Where do you think the incentive is for us to turn you down. If you make $100,000 and spend $150,000......just sayin.

So nice to know it wasn't just me. I just applied online and was denied credit.

I was shocked so I frantically started researching my credit to check for identity theft! I have a good credit score, DTI is 25%, very low revolving debt. Could not believe I was denied. It was also strange that I was denied immediately after clicking "submit application".

There was no hourglass or indication that it was "thinking". Just BAM, we cannot approve you at this time.

I at least thought I would get an email explaining it but nothing. Starting to wonder if I was scammed into entering my name into a database for other lenders to contact me.

So nice to know it wasn't just me. I just applied online and was denied credit.

764 credit score - make over $100k a year, only have 1 car payment (paid the other 2 off) and RTG would only approve me for $2200 with 90 days no interest. I have never been denied credit before.

I wasn't embarassed - only flaberghasted. There was a young couple - very young, like 19/20 years old who was approved for the 3 year no interest (my salesman was helping them as well).

Whether it's RTG or GE that provides the credit - denying well qualified customers will have an impact on RTG brand. I - as a customer - don't care that it's GE that denied the interest fee credit - I don't want a car - I want furniture - and WON'T be getting it from RTG - EVER!

I went to RTG today and was also denied credit. I had already picked my furniture and everything, so sure that I would be approved.

I applied at Ashley's a month ago and was approved with no hesitancy. I had never been denied credit before.

I pay all my bills on time, always pay extra, and pay off ahead of time. I don't know how their approval if decided, but it needs to be changed.

Try checking your debt/income ratio...if that is too high then your credit score doesn't make a difference. Lending laws change all the time.

RTG credit is done by GE Capital so they have nothing to do with the process.

Don't be embarrased by getting denied for credit, there are much greater tragedies in life.

This also happened to us 2 years ago and it was very embarrassing, we were denied the interest free credit but were offered the same furniture on a higher interest deal. No way we went somewhere else and won't be going back to RTG. :x

Sorry for any reason if you may have not qualified for a finance account through our showrooms. As the financing is through a third party, we at Rooms To Go are unable to select customers for qualification.

If a customer is not able to open an account for any reason, the finance company should then later contact you with further details as to why.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

This just happened to us. We have great credit too.

Strange. Must be trying to get you to take a different deal than the deal they have advertised.