Rooms To Go is a total scam, especially for its "Force Field" project
The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!!
Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter in Katy. The sales person persuaded me into buying their so-called "Force Field" protection plan and I ended up paying about USD200 for the plan. She even gave me two tiny bottles of "Force Field" branded cleaning solutions, suggested me that I can use them to clean the sofa if it is stained, making me believe that the sofa will be carefully treated. When I asked how the "Force Field" works, she explained that's something like "scotchgard."
The sofa set arrived a week later, the delivery guys moved all pieces in and left within less than five minutes. All the three pieces were covered by thinnest plastic wrap and they removed the plastic and took it away. Again, all was done within 5 minutes before I can realize anything. And I haven't found any trace on the sofa, the love seat or the ottoman, indicating that they had been treated to resist liquid or soil. Not even a tiny tag says they were “Force Field” treated. Then I drop a tiny amount of water, as I will usually do to test the scotchgarded furnitures, the water didn't bead up at all and the water just darken the fabric, as you can see in one of the photos I uploaded. So that's what you called "Force Field" treated? the $6 scotchgard works better than the expensive $200 "Force Field" treatment, if there is really such treatment.
What's more, I found countless scratches and stains on the sofa and the ottoman, as you can see in the pictures. The sofa set was been either used or carelessly delivered by the RTG staff. Consider the way how the sofa was carelessly delivered, it was no wonder for the sofa set to have such scratches and stains.
Will not purchase anything from RTG from now on and I am telling everyone around to stay off from RTG not to buy any RTG product!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "$2500 bed from ROOMS to go! They said they don't cover bed bugs.. They say I can return it with No money back. ..."
- "The leather of my furniture start peeling and when I call the customer support first they said that my furniture has only one year of warranty but in one..."
- "First of all this is my first review of anything I have ever purchased. I searched for a year for a couch that I liked and wanted to buy for..."
- "Food was bad came here 3 years ago and thought I would try it again. Thinking that they might have improved, it only got worse. I had to send my..."
- "This broker displays a false price on the trades. As soon as trade exit price is sent, the brokers drops the trade prices by 50% of the price they were..."
- "I booked a hotel using Priceline express deals... As I know now Dumb Idea but I had done it 2 other times and they really did what they said they..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."