Rooms To Go is a total scam, especially for its "Force Field" project
The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!!
Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter in Katy. The sales person persuaded me into buying their so-called "Force Field" protection plan and I ended up paying about USD200 for the plan. She even gave me two tiny bottles of "Force Field" branded cleaning solutions, suggested me that I can use them to clean the sofa if it is stained, making me believe that the sofa will be carefully treated. When I asked how the "Force Field" works, she explained that's something like "scotchgard."
The sofa set arrived a week later, the delivery guys moved all pieces in and left within less than five minutes. All the three pieces were covered by thinnest plastic wrap and they removed the plastic and took it away. Again, all was done within 5 minutes before I can realize anything. And I haven't found any trace on the sofa, the love seat or the ottoman, indicating that they had been treated to resist liquid or soil. Not even a tiny tag says they were “Force Field” treated. Then I drop a tiny amount of water, as I will usually do to test the scotchgarded furnitures, the water didn't bead up at all and the water just darken the fabric, as you can see in one of the photos I uploaded. So that's what you called "Force Field" treated? the $6 scotchgard works better than the expensive $200 "Force Field" treatment, if there is really such treatment.
What's more, I found countless scratches and stains on the sofa and the ottoman, as you can see in the pictures. The sofa set was been either used or carelessly delivered by the RTG staff. Consider the way how the sofa was carelessly delivered, it was no wonder for the sofa set to have such scratches and stains.
Will not purchase anything from RTG from now on and I am telling everyone around to stay off from RTG not to buy any RTG product!!!!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We called customer service as soon as they left after we saw the damage on our brand new floors but they were closed. The delivery guys did not use..."
- "My In-Laws bought their last living room set as my father-in-law always wanted leather. He died two years later. My Mother-in law is in the 80's now and..."
- "Furniture came damage.Refuse to take it back.The driver made threats against me and started taking off his back brace and shirt trying to fight me bc i didnt want to..."
- "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THE COMPANY THEY HAVE THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT IS OUT THERE. THEY GET YOUR MONEY AND THEN TURN A CHEEK TO YOU...."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "I purchased a new Whirlpool GOLD refrigerator 61 months ago. In December 2010 it developed blisters in the paint on the exterior front. In June 2011, horizontal cracks..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "Romans to go furniture is cheap and not worth the price. This glass table did not tempered glass and it broke into sharp pieces, cutting my husband's right palm, the..."