Richardson, Texas

Since October 2008, I have replaced 3 sets of mattresses and working on replacing a 4th set.

My first purchase was a King size Sealy. This set I was able to use until around February 2009. The second set was a Simmons. I like it; however, it was also lumped and bumped on me after about a month. The next set I tried a Serta. This only lasted 3 weeks.

I asked to replace with a Simmons, becasue of all three, I liked the simmons the best, because of the individual springs. I am now (today November 27, 2009) have set up an appointmet for a tech to come out again to check the lumps and bumps. In additon, this particular set does not have a Simmons label on it. The only thing on this set that shows simmons is the plastic guards at the corners of the box springs.

I went to a Mattress store today just to look at the simmons mattresses, and the salesperson told me that simmons mattresses are all labled simmons, because simmons wants to make sure their name is noticeable. I relayed my problem to him and he said it is not a simmons even though he did not see the set.

Monetary Loss: $1997.

Comments

I'm dealing with the same thing guys! Going on my 3rd king mattress in 5 years!

RTG wants me to keep paying up and will not refund me the difference if I choose a cheaper mattress! This is ridiculous! I'm demanding a refund as of today! They want to tell me it will be 1 month before a Tech can come to my home and measure my bed!

I've already done this twice so I know how they measure it. A tight thread across the sagging section and measure to it's lowest spot. And after 2 years it's sagging 2.5"!! That's ridiculous if you ask me.

I sleep alone and only weigh 160lbs. Their customer service is ***!

I will get my refund one way or another but until then, I'm buying from Mattress Firm. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ROOMS TO GO!!!!

@JA

After going to the BBB and the state Attorney General's office, and an all day fight with the district manager I received a refund. FIIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

I was considering purchasing furniture from Rooms to Go, but after reading these comments, I think I will reconsider!!

just like everyone else im having to deal with them also , trying to replace my queen mattress this is the second call i do in one year i purchased the mattress on 12/11 they had a tech to come see it on 8/12, then they told me that it was not 2 inches that was sinking . when the guy who revised it said he could see it sink by just looking at it .

so now they are having to come again 12/8/12. if they wont replace it i will send my chiropracters bill to them since we payed almost 2.000$ for a whole bedroom set.

We have gone through 4 mattresses with rooms to go. Now they are refunding my money.

"Check is in the mail" is the response I keep getting from the store. We honestly did not know a lot about mattresses when purchasing one other than "yeah it is comfortable". After doing extensive research, please go to a store that only deals with mattresses and try the latex non-coil beds. You will be happy.

I know we are FINALLY! Better warranty, better product!

We are working on our third mattress return. Each time we exchange mattress Rooms to Go in Buckhead Atlanta tells us they don't carry the same mattress we have.

We have to go higher or lower in price, and pay a restocking fee. Each mattress has been lumpy and a hump in the middle. My husband and I are senior citzen, rooms to go acts as if it something we are doing to the mattresses. I am so glad to see these other comments.

We are going tomorrow to pick out mattress number four. Because we don't have any other recourse

:) :grin ;) 8) :p :sigh :zzz :upset :eek :roll :? :cry :( :x These are all the emotions I feel when dealing with Rooms to go I like there product but the employees are fake and its like they read a script its the same answer over and over again and I have had a product for years now and they win't help me get it fixed all they want is me to buy a new set nm Goin gto ASHLEY ttyl

ALL ROOMS TO GO HAS IS TRASH. LOOK UNDER THE STUFF AND SEE HOW IT IS MADE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE ANYTHING IN THEIR STORE, IT'S PARTICLE AND CARDBOARD!!!!!THE STUFF LOOKS GOOD IN THE SHOWROOM BUT IT IS ANOTHER STORY ONCE YOU GET IT IN YOUR HOME AND THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO GET THEM TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE JUNK. THEY WILL RUN TO YOUR HOUSE AS LONG AS YOU WILL PUT UP WITH THEM AND THEIR 4 HOUR TIME FRAMES, UNTIL THEY WEAR YOU DOWN AND YOU GO SOMEPLACE ELSE, IN THE LONG RUN THAT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH YOUR FURNITURE IS TO GO SOMEPLACE ELSE, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT WITH ROOMS TO GO AND NOW FIRST HANDED WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF DOING, TAKE YOUR MONEY, GIVE YOU JUNK AND THEN YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK!!!!

UPDATE: I have now received a full refund from Rooms to go...FULL REFUND.However, this was only after I contacted the Attorney General for the State and the BBB for that county and two surrounding counties.

Whew! Never again.

Please watch wher you spend you money. I now have A Sterns and Foster mattress, and guess waht, It was cheaper that the sets I purchased from Rooms to Go.

We also purchased our Sealy King mattress in end of May 09 but the mattress is also having lumps and bumps! The technician is scheduled to come in this Thursday (Jan 21, 10).

I never had any problem from the cheap mattress we purcahsed before.

We also had other problems with Rooms To Go in Houston, TX (Willowbrook store). The store manager named John there is very rude and doesn't want to help the customer at all.

ROOMS TO GO******WE TOO ARE DEALING WITH OUR SECOND SET OF MATTRESSES FROM THESE PEOPLE IN THE FORT MYERS, FLORIDA STORE. THEY HAVE REPLACED OUR MATTRESS SET A PERFECT SLEEPER FOUNTAIN GROVE SET.

WE ORGINALLY GOT THE FIRST SET MID FEBRUARY 2009 AND IN NOVEMBER 2009 THEY REPLACED IT WITH ANOTHER SET OF THE SAME, ONLY IT WAS DEEPLY PITTED ON MY HUSBANDS SIDE WITHIN 3 WEEKS, AND HE IS NOT AN OBESE MAN. THEY HAVE OFFERED TO REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING OF EQUAL VALUE OR AN UPGRADE. WE ASKED FOR A REFUND SO WE COULD GO ELSEWHERE TO PURCHASE A MATTRESS SET AND THEY REFUSE TO DO THAT, ALTHOUGH THEY SAID WE ARE VALUED CUSTOMERS. THE BUCK DOESN'T STOP THERE EITHER.

WHEN WE MADE OUR PURCHASE IN FEBRUARY 2009, WE HAD JUST BOUGHT OUR HOME AND WE PURCHASED OUR LIVING ROOM FURNITURE FROM THEM, IN AUGUST 2009, AFTER 4 CALLS TO OUR HOME BECAUSE A BROKEN DOWN RECLINING LOVESEAT THEY FINALLY REPLACED THE HIDE-A-BED SOFA AND LOVESEAT WITH ANOTHER SET. THIS ONE WOULD NOT OPEN UP FOR THE BED FROM THE DAY IT WAS DELIVERED UNTIL TODAY, WHICH IS THE 8TH OF JANUARY 2010. THEY CAME AND LOOKED AT IT IN NOVEMBER AND SAID THE MECHANISIM WAS BROKEN ON BOTH THE SOFA AND THE RECLINING LOVESEAT AND THEY WOULD ORDER THE REPLACEMENT FOR IT AND LEFT, THEY FORGOT TO TELL US IT WOULD 90 DAYS OR MORE FOR THE PARTS TO COME IN. WHEN WE FOUND OUT WE WERE GETTING COMPANY FOR THE HOLIDAYS AND NEEDED THE SOFA BED WE CALLED ROOMS TO GO TO CHECK ON A DATE FOR THE REPAIRS AND THAT'S WHEN WE WERE TOLD HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE.

I EXPLAINED WE WERE GETTING COMPANY AND NEEDED THE SOFA BED AND I ASKED IF WE COULD HAVE A REPLACEMENT AND WAS TOLD NO. WE HAD TO GO ELSEWHERE AND PURCHASE A NEW SET AND PAY THEM TO HAUL THE BROKEN DOWN FURNITURE (NEW FURNITURE, SUPPOSEDLY) FROM ROOMS TO GO AWAY FOR US.

I WOULD BE TEMPTED TO BELIEVE THEY HAVE A LOT OF REFURBISHED STUFF THAT THEY GET NEW PRICES FOR. WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS AND WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS STORE AGAIN, OR ANYOTHER ROOMS TO GO STORE AND WE WILL TELL EVERYONE WE KNOW ABOUT OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THEM AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO STAY AWAY FROM THERE STORES.

To: I hate ***. Just so you will know, the comment was refurbished!!!

Get it REFURBISHED. However, in this case the mattress companies were notified as well as the Atty Gen of the State, investigative reporters, in addiotn to the BBB.

Do you work for RTG. If so, You know what I am talking about when I say refurbished.

Why arent you idiots blaming the companies who made the mattresses? Seems more logical.

As for selling refurbished mattresses...well no they dont sell those.

Lastly of course the sales person at the other store is going to tell you that. Here is a little secret...he works on commission and wants you're money.

:( Rooms to go sucks we have been in and out of 6 King Mattresses that ALL have dipped within 3 months to about 2 inches with a huge hump in the middle. I will never deal with them again.

they are horrible.

They only replace your mattress after 2 inches of dipping so you suffer with back pain! Please avoid thme!