Miami Beach, Florida

The biggest mistake I made was purchasing "leather" sectional couch from the RTG SAWGRASS Store in December of 2014.When purchased, we were told how durable of a piece it was, that we just needed to take care of the leather like our own skin, and keep it moisturized.

I conditioned my couch every week, always making sure it was clean and kept moisturized. About 3 years after purchasing, in April of 2015, I noticed small little cracks forming, especially near the edges of each sectional piece. I assumed this was normal with leather and I didn't think to much of it. A few months later, large pieces of the leather started peeling off, crumbling, and revealing the CLOTH underneath.

Having looked online and seeing so many other people's complaints, I now understand that the sectional I purchased was simply bonded leather. That bonded leather is now peeling off of almost all the sectional pieces, even up on the tops of the couch arms, where no one even sits. There are literally full patches of my couch that are completely bare, and the only places the "leather" hasn't peeled off is where the seams are located. It's truly embarrassing to have people over to my house and having bits of my couch on their clothes and all over the floor.

This is just despicable sales practice on RTG's part.

I currently have to cover my couches with sheets and blankets, so we don't have pieces of it all over us every time we sit down.I am now trying to shop around to replace my couch, because the ones I own, and paid off in full, are trash.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Leather Couch Damaged

Comments

TellUsRTG

This sounds like a nightmare. Would you be able to send us the above details along with your order info, and images of the furniture to Tellus@Roomstogo.com?