Rooms to go "leather furniture" is the WORST, DO NOT BUY!!!!
Between 2009 and 2011 we bought several pieces of furniture from the Willow Wood RTG in Northwest Houston totaling about $6000.00 dlls.
Among those was a dining room set that included 8 "leather" contemporary chairs.
The whole room was used very occasionally for the next 3 years.
Due to a special set-up we did to our home in september 2014, we had to use the furniture regularly, and the chairs just started to fall apart. The leather is peeling all over the seats and edges in every chair, they look awful and they are practically useless in a formal dining room.
In looking at the receipt, I see that we also paid for a protection pre-treatment they do on the chairs before delivering, supposedly to help the leather look good for a longer time. They also push you to buy the "Forcefield" leather protection products, but unfortunately none of that prevented the furniture from looking like an ancient set.
The quality is so deceptive that is incredible that they call this leather, and add insult to injury by pushing customers to spend more money on stuff that is supposed to preserve all this junk.
Now, I've had fake leather furniture before, even the less luxurious vynil stuff. They all lasted many, many years, without the added expense and work of "Forcefield".
I called the store to complain and ask for a chairs replacement but of course they said that they were bought more than 5 years ago and there is nothing that can be done. They didn't mind that we were returning customers for a couple of years and didn't even reply to subsequent e-mails with very telling photos.
I've never had such a bad experience with furniture before and be warned, the same kind of leather material is still used on most of the furniture in the showroom NOW. This includes leather living room sets, couches, loveseats, recliners, etc.
This site is full of complaints like this one, I even saw an invitation for a class action suit. Take a look and see the pictures people has posted. In general, your leather RTG furniture is going to last about 2 years of regular use looking Ok.
DO NOT BUY AT ROOMS TO GO!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Chairs replacement
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Chair
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Will NEVER purchase RTG ever again! We have spent hours dealing with costumer service and getting passed around... worthless!! We bought our 3 piece leather set with power 3 years..."
- "Hi, we bought our full living room furniture - $2500 bonded leather sofa set, recliner with TV and console around 3.5 years back. Our TV samsung spoiled in 1st year...."
- "I order living set, King bedroom set,dining table set, entertainment set received some broken some missing pieces want back to the store they replace another order and it come some..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "I opened a can of Wolf brand Chili No Beans dated July 2017 and it had mold in it. I'm 50 years of age and I have been eating Wolf..."
- "I ordered a 3-pack of Halo flashlights that were advertised as "in stock" at Ace Depot. I received one (1) black UltraLit flashlight from JAM Ventures LLC. Ace Depot said..."
- "I bought a vehicle from Mr. Badruddin via his ad in AutoTrader. I live in the Dallas area, and had the vehicle delivered. When it arrived, the wheels were dented,..."