Rooms to go "leather furniture" is the WORST, DO NOT BUY!!!!
Between 2009 and 2011 we bought several pieces of furniture from the Willow Wood RTG in Northwest Houston totaling about $6000.00 dlls.
Among those was a dining room set that included 8 "leather" contemporary chairs.
The whole room was used very occasionally for the next 3 years.
Due to a special set-up we did to our home in september 2014, we had to use the furniture regularly, and the chairs just started to fall apart. The leather is peeling all over the seats and edges in every chair, they look awful and they are practically useless in a formal dining room.
In looking at the receipt, I see that we also paid for a protection pre-treatment they do on the chairs before delivering, supposedly to help the leather look good for a longer time. They also push you to buy the "Forcefield" leather protection products, but unfortunately none of that prevented the furniture from looking like an ancient set.
The quality is so deceptive that is incredible that they call this leather, and add insult to injury by pushing customers to spend more money on stuff that is supposed to preserve all this junk.
Now, I've had fake leather furniture before, even the less luxurious vynil stuff. They all lasted many, many years, without the added expense and work of "Forcefield".
I called the store to complain and ask for a chairs replacement but of course they said that they were bought more than 5 years ago and there is nothing that can be done. They didn't mind that we were returning customers for a couple of years and didn't even reply to subsequent e-mails with very telling photos.
I've never had such a bad experience with furniture before and be warned, the same kind of leather material is still used on most of the furniture in the showroom NOW. This includes leather living room sets, couches, loveseats, recliners, etc.
This site is full of complaints like this one, I even saw an invitation for a class action suit. Take a look and see the pictures people has posted. In general, your leather RTG furniture is going to last about 2 years of regular use looking Ok.
DO NOT BUY AT ROOMS TO GO!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Chairs replacement
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Chair
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "It's better to spend more at El Dorado furniture or Ashley do not go to rooms to go. If you ask for leather they'll give you this. Definitely this is..."
- "Purchased the Gardenia Queen Bed, Dresser, and nightstand on Labor Day 2015. Was delivered yesterday, 9-14-15, with the dresser and nightstand BROKEN. Drivers handed me a customer service business card..."
- "We bought a living room set from Rooms To Go and before the warranty was out we had to have our couch replaced because the color was rubbing off. We..."
- "I wanted to surprise my hubby for his Birthday! I ordered the edible Party Basket ($79.98) price for sausage and cheese when it was all said and done. It was not..."
- "I am taking my time and effort to write this review hoping that one less person could be saved from a unnecessary financial disaster. There is no free lunch. The..."
- "I ordered a flower delivery to a funeral service from Flower Delivery Express. It turned out that the flowers they delivered doesn't look like on the picture you ordered. I..."
- "My name is Courtney and I work for the carnival Reithoffers Shows located in Aiken, SC right now. On wednesday October 26 2016 at about 3:45 am I arrived at..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "Your company stinks...I will never ever buy another or recommend Alpine or any other trailer from you people. I waited and waited for our camper from the first week..."