Spring, Texas
Featured 100% full Not resolved

Between 2009 and 2011 we bought several pieces of furniture from the Willow Wood RTG in Northwest Houston totaling about $6000.00 dlls.

Among those was a dining room set that included 8 "leather" contemporary chairs.

The whole room was used very occasionally for the next 3 years.

Due to a special set-up we did to our home in september 2014, we had to use the furniture regularly, and the chairs just started to fall apart. The leather is peeling all over the seats and edges in every chair, they look awful and they are practically useless in a formal dining room.

In looking at the receipt, I see that we also paid for a protection pre-treatment they do on the chairs before delivering, supposedly to help the leather look good for a longer time. They also push you to buy the "Forcefield" leather protection products, but unfortunately none of that prevented the furniture from looking like an ancient set.

The quality is so deceptive that is incredible that they call this leather, and add insult to injury by pushing customers to spend more money on stuff that is supposed to preserve all this junk.

Now, I've had fake leather furniture before, even the less luxurious vynil stuff. They all lasted many, many years, without the added expense and work of "Forcefield".

I called the store to complain and ask for a chairs replacement but of course they said that they were bought more than 5 years ago and there is nothing that can be done. They didn't mind that we were returning customers for a couple of years and didn't even reply to subsequent e-mails with very telling photos.

I've never had such a bad experience with furniture before and be warned, the same kind of leather material is still used on most of the furniture in the showroom NOW. This includes leather living room sets, couches, loveseats, recliners, etc.

This site is full of complaints like this one, I even saw an invitation for a class action suit. Take a look and see the pictures people has posted. In general, your leather RTG furniture is going to last about 2 years of regular use looking Ok.

DO NOT BUY AT ROOMS TO GO!!!!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Chairs replacement.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

Star, North Carolina, United States #1179734

Please share the info on the class action law suit!

You are being very generous giving it 2 years of regular use.This place is pathetic.

My boyfriend has a fabric couch and glass coffee tables purchased from rtg 10 years ago and they look like new or gently used.

10 years, not 1-2 years.This company is clearly not the same as it has been 10 years ago.