Rooms to go "leather furniture" is the WORST, DO NOT BUY!!!!
Between 2009 and 2011 we bought several pieces of furniture from the Willow Wood RTG in Northwest Houston totaling about $6000.00 dlls.
Among those was a dining room set that included 8 "leather" contemporary chairs.
The whole room was used very occasionally for the next 3 years.
Due to a special set-up we did to our home in september 2014, we had to use the furniture regularly, and the chairs just started to fall apart. The leather is peeling all over the seats and edges in every chair, they look awful and they are practically useless in a formal dining room.
In looking at the receipt, I see that we also paid for a protection pre-treatment they do on the chairs before delivering, supposedly to help the leather look good for a longer time. They also push you to buy the "Forcefield" leather protection products, but unfortunately none of that prevented the furniture from looking like an ancient set.
The quality is so deceptive that is incredible that they call this leather, and add insult to injury by pushing customers to spend more money on stuff that is supposed to preserve all this junk.
Now, I've had fake leather furniture before, even the less luxurious vynil stuff. They all lasted many, many years, without the added expense and work of "Forcefield".
I called the store to complain and ask for a chairs replacement but of course they said that they were bought more than 5 years ago and there is nothing that can be done. They didn't mind that we were returning customers for a couple of years and didn't even reply to subsequent e-mails with very telling photos.
I've never had such a bad experience with furniture before and be warned, the same kind of leather material is still used on most of the furniture in the showroom NOW. This includes leather living room sets, couches, loveseats, recliners, etc.
This site is full of complaints like this one, I even saw an invitation for a class action suit. Take a look and see the pictures people has posted. In general, your leather RTG furniture is going to last about 2 years of regular use looking Ok.
DO NOT BUY AT ROOMS TO GO!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Chairs replacement
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Leather Chair
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "I bought a Cindy Crawford sofa and loveseat in December 2015, and three months later, all the cushions lost the firmness and shape, looking really old and ugly. So I..."
- "I bought the oasis/chestnut blended leather sectional with two recliners and a storage Otto w/caster about three years ago and I have taken care of them cleaning with leather care..."
- "I had my hair cut at the Missouri City Texas location. I arrived with shoulder length hair wanting it cut in a Bob. The Master Stylist (black girl) said she..."
- "I recommend that consumers review these posts before ordering anything from this company. I order a lobster dinner for four with express delivery fee added. I had other..."
- "I have been using USPS since opening my business in 1995. I used to have very little in the way of problems. Every year it's been getting worse..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "With fashion, food, architecture JESSE KEYES with KAROLINZ ZMARLAK, 1 7th AVENUE SOUTH and LA ESQUINA, are all superb businesses. So happy to be partners with them. We have been..."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."