Houston, Texas

I purchased a leather sectional from Rooms To Go. I had planned to get a fabric covering, but my sales woman convinced me to get the leather saying it would last for much longer.

Many, many years. It wouldn't stain like fabric can. I mentioned I had a leather rocking chair purchased when my son was born 15 years earlier and it still looks like new. She said that's what she ment about leather lasting a long time.

She even convinced me to buy a warranty that gave the sectional a special coating that would make the leather last even longer. 4 years later the leather started to flake off on my Rooms To Go sectional and by 5 years big patches are missing. Don't buy leather from Rooms To Go. I took one of the pieces into a leather repair shop and they said it's not real leather.

It's bonded leather, which is ground up pieces of leather mixed with glue and formed into a thin covering that is then used to cover the couch frame. The glue breaks down after a couple years and the leather like covering begins to fall apart.

I wasted my money buying this sectional and now it has to be replaced. In the mean time my leather rocking chair from Foleys is now 20 years old and still looks like new.

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Repair.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Rooms To Go Pros: Good when purchased, Attentive sales person.

Rooms To Go Cons: Poor quality product, Defective product, Leather fell apart.

Comments