Rooms To Go Leather Sofa Peels & Dis-Colors in 8 months
I Purchased a leather recliner sofa from Rooms To Go Clearance Center in July, 2010.It had a couple small marks on the outside corners from being moved around, but was brand new and a few hunderd dollars cheaper for the marks.
I was happy with it until I noticed, just last week, that the lumbar portion of the leather, on the side where I like to sit, was starting to peel from it's skin, and was discoloring (white spots on the tan color). This has only been 8 months, I'm at work 5 days a week, I live alone and have no pets, so needless to say I'm quite surprised at what I'm seeing. I call them up, and they tell me there is no warranty from items purchased from the clearance center. I tell them that this is clearly unacceptable that a brand new leather sofa should deteriorate within 8 months of purchase and with minimal use, whether I purchased it from the clearance center, or not - this thing should last 10 years!!..
The leather is junk!!
Well, they were happy to tell me that they don't care.I'm gonna throw this sofa out, and you can bet i won't buy another thing form RTG.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Benson Granite Leather Match Motion Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "$2500 bed from ROOMS to go! They said they don't cover bed bugs.. They say I can return it with No money back. ..."
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat we were told it was leather, spent well over $3000.00 they are now terrible the leather is peeling off, it started in..."
- "Purchased living room ensemble which included sectional sofa, end tables, entertainment wall unit, and as a bonus, a 50" plasma TV. Also purchased the "protection" plan for the..."
- "3rd time we are here waisting our time because whoever opens on Saturday its always late , like 6 customer came already and they left leaving this comments on the..."
- "Summary: Fellowship VS. Big Business I know that this is a business site and that is why i'm here. This place is pretending to be a church and it is just..."
- "I ordered my mother the lush RED rose bouquet for valentines day, original price $59.99, with delivery and tax $85. They showed up and were the most miniature vase of..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."
- "I ordered a pair of basketball shoes and received a used and worn pair of shoes..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."