Raleigh, North Carolina

I ordered several pieces of furniture from Rooms To Go. I ordered various pieces furniture on two separate dates so there was two deliveries. The first delivery came with a damaged TV console. It was returned and a new one shipped. The replacement also came damaged so it was returned. In the meantime the second order was delivered with a damaged dinette set. The table and a chair were damaged. In hindsight I realized that this dinette set was probably not new and actually was likely returned by a previous customer. When the replacement table and chair was delivered, the chair again was damaged. At this point I was so fed up I kept the damaged chair just to be rid or Room To Go – or so I thought.

I used the no interest financing offered by RTG through GE Capital. Upon reconciling my account I realized that RTG had not refunded a $50 delivery fee for the TV console which was declined because of damage. It took me two months, multiple phone calls and speaking to several people to finally get RTG to credit my account. The value of my time spent on this far exceeded the $50 but it was all about principle at this point.

The sales people are very friendly in the store while you're buying the furniture but once you leave the store do not expect your sales person will have the least bit of interest in helping resolve your issues – and you will have issues. My sales person would not even return my call,.in spite of me being polite and professional about the whole ordeal.

Bottom line, it cost me 16 hours of vacation, additional significant time on the phone, gobs of minutes and inordinate aggravation.

Do yourself a favor and buy you furniture somewhere else. I whished I'd read this before shopping at RTG.

Comments

I’m sooo sorry to hear about the issues you have had with your deliveries and while contacting our office. I can promise you that situations as these are certainly rare, and do not expect any of our customer to experience such delays with their purchases.

If there is anything that we can still help you out with, please do not hesitate to let us know by emailing us directly at tellus@roomstogo.com!