Destin, Florida

To Whom It May Concern,

My husband and I purchased a Sofa, Loveseat, Chair and Ottoman in March 2010. The set was not comfortable but we accepted that it may take some time to have the "˜newness' wear off and become more "˜broken in'. We discussed that the sofas that were delivered did not feel anything like the set on the sales floor that we purchased it from. After a month or two we had a representative call to inquire if we were interested in an extended warranty on the merchandise. She asked if I was happy with the purchase and immediately said "Actually, I am very displeased with the comfort level of the product." She said that she will pass that along for someone to call me back to follow up. I never heard from that person again…fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. The sofa set that we thought would become more comfortable with time has not and in fact we come in and sit on the floor at home because the product is so bad. I finally called the company and the representative to tell her about the problems that we have experienced. She mentioned that it sounded as if it was a comfort problem rather than a manufacturer's defect but she would send someone out to take a look at it anyway.

The inspector came to look at the furniture and reported that there was in fact no manufacturers defect but that the cushions were very firm. I spoke to a customer service representative , Maria and then to her supervisor Tessa. I forgot the name of the third person that I spoke with (whoever Tessa's manager is) This person told me that there was nothing that she could do for me. She stated that because there is no manufacturer's defect, nothing can be done. The problem for me is that I feel that it is so uncomfortable that I am sitting on my floor to avoid sitting on the sofa and no one from the company will stand by the product's quality level. I tried to voice this with the manager and during the times that she wasn't interrupting me or talking over me, she said that comfort level is a matter of personal preference. I agree"”I prefer to be comfortable… not sit on my floor when I just paid $1500 for your product that I cannot use. This Customer Service Representative (and I use that term loosely) mentioned that she would be the last person that I spoke to with the company. What a way to treat someone who spends revenue in your stores!!!! I asked who else I could voice my concerns with and she said that there was no others that would give me a different outcome. I asked who she reported to and her answer was "Rooms To Go" and she refused to give me a name. I inquired further and mentioned that there MUST be a CEO or President of the company and she said there was…. I then asked if there was any level of separation between that person and herself and she replied "No one that you can speak to" Thus, I am writing this letter to both the CEO of the company as well as copying it to multiple online customer feedback sites unless I hear a proper resolution from Rooms To Go.

I explained that I am a Director of a Property Management company in Destin, Fl. Your company happens to be opening up a new location in Destin. I can assure you that this experience has left such a bad taste that I will not only not recommend your company to my 1300 homeowners whose property that I manage but I will be very vocal in trying to dissuade them from ever purchasing a piece of furniture from your company unless something can be done to show me that you stand by what I now consider to be sub-par furniture.

I will ultimately have to sell this set online for about half of what I paid for it (if I'm lucky). It is a shame that your company can sell and represent a product of sub standard levels, and when someone is displeased"”you throw up your hands and walk away.

I look forward to hearing about what you feel would be a proper resolution to this unfortunate situation.

VERY UPSET CUSTOMER

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Sales Representative.

Comments