Rooms to go! The leather sucks!

996 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews

I bought a red leather couch.It was on sale at $1500.

Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for a long time. $1500 is not a cheap couch. After having it only 6 months the leather starting flaking off!

Piece by piece. If this was going to happen you would of guessed it would happen where you sit. But NO! It starting around the sides where it never gets touched by anything or anyone.

Now my couch is 11 months old and it looks horrible.. OMG! it is actually falling apart. They said that this was leather and the best out there.

What ever. I don't know what this is but not leather. I called the store and they said NO WARRANTY! I bought it on sale!

My fault. Yes, I bought the couch at the present condition. I did not agree to buy a couch that would not even last 1 year.

NEVER BUY HERE!There stuff is ***!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 7 Yes 7
996 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

7 hours ago #1249578 Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

I've had the exact same issue on an entire "leather" set including a sofa, lovesear and chair. I contacted customer service and they haven't even bothered to respond. I'm livid and I will never purchase anything from Rooms To Go again.

anonymous

Dec 30, 2012 #587552

Same here. Bought red leather sectional-supposed to be real leather sofa..not vinyl..or anything else. Called RTG when it started flaking and peeling..her suggestiin was, " well you could have it recovered". It wasdelivered to me with a nick on the back, they came out I thought to replace the piece but they covered with red marker. No where did it(does it) say bonded leather as I noticed another post had mentioned knowing the difference between topgrain and bonded. Crazy to pay any amount of money for a sofa to last less than a year- i had no idea. Very disappointed. Also bought from them previously with bedroom furniture and coffee table entertainment armoir with bookshelf. Not disappointed at all. The sofa is and willbe the last thing ever bought from them. Lack of customer servc regarding my call when I questioned it..just awful

Jovenas

Aug 17, 2012 #530007

Hello Shelly. I do appreciate what you said. I am not a cheap person. But Rooms to Go is growing very fast in the Houston market. They are adverting that the furniture is theirs. They make it and this is why we are able to do this and some wonderful prices. When a major company says that this is awesome leather, furniture, etc and that they back up everything they sale. They are advertising all the time. Stores are popping up all over. You have to believe them. They just built a huge warehouse in Sugarland. Its humongous.! I really thought we found a great place to do business. If a huge company that is growing so fast and saying that their stuff is real and will hold up better than everyone else. You kind of believe them. If this is the way that they are going to do business, the people need to stop them fast. I cannot believe that they think that they can continue to grow if they lie and their stuff is ***. As a consumer, you would think the management needs to know. They will fall fast flat on their face.

stuck

Aug 16, 2012 #529699

Shelley, I wish I had done more research about leather before going to RTG. Unfortunatley I relied on the TRG salesman. I assumed he knew what he was talking about and would be honest. In my case, this was my third set. The first two were not \"leather\". The first set snagged the first time it was used. I was told it was very durable and long lasting fabric. The second set was red fabric and the color came off on my son\'s white shorts and my white rug. So as you can see by my comments as well as plenty of other unhappy consumers, RTG has more problems than their \"leather\". Legal action may be the only way to protect other unsuspecting consumers to make a costly mistake.

Shelley S

Aug 15, 2012 #529019

Rooms to go does not use Top Grain leather.. if they did you would be paying a lot more than 2000.00 for a couch. Think about it... TOP GRAIN leather for 2 grand? Seriously folks.. you need to educate yourself when purchasing anything. Think about it.. If Leather Creations (which uses TOP GRAIN LEATHER) not bonded (please read up on what bonded leather is) sells the same couch for over 4 grand... What do you think? I think you all should take this a life lesson and own up to the fact that you are cheapskates and paid for what you bought. ROOMS TO GO furniture! Duh! Go to Thoomasville or Haverties.. Real furniture stores and you will see the difference. If you bought the same *** at sam's club or costco.. you would be dealing with the same issues.. When you sit on a real piece of leather you shouldn't sweat.. if you do it's not real leather.. it is processed leather.. think processed chicken..it's still chicken but it cost pennies compared to REAL chicken. Like ALL things in life you get what you pay for. My small leather sectional cost over 5 grand on sale.. it was TOP GRAINED leather.. and 5 years later it was still TOP GRAIN leather.. sold it for 3 grand because it aged like real leather should and wore like real leather... Also keep in mind that REAL top grain leather shows it's age... it fades.. gets water spots.. wears like leather shoes.. you have to condition it several times a year and keep it out of the sun.. the lower quality stuff does none of these things... Show more

1 0 Reply
stuck

Aug 05, 2012 #524468

I purchased a "leather" 3 piece set from the Greensboro, NC store after problems with 2 other sets. The "leather" is flaking every where. We even paid more to "upgrade" to leather. I'd love to see a class action suit or something done to get their attention.

Aug 02, 2012 #522924

HI Kristimcg: Are you on face book? Please add me. Lets all get together and work on this. Maybe if we find enough people we can do something about this......I am Jovena Sanders.

Laurie i added you on face book

Attorney

Aug 02, 2012 #522892

jovenas - my husband and I were saying the exact same thing last night. As our sofas look the same it can only help us both! We had to send the manufacturer's name to the attorney today - we also sent him an e-mail of your pictures and complaint - please friend me on Facebook so we can keep in touch on this issue. If there is anyone else out there with their "high quality leather furniture" from rooms to go flaking, or looking like *** - please let me know. Maybe a Class Action lawsuit will wake them up. Laurie Qualls - profile picture on facebook is one of my dogs looking out window. Thanks - Its time someone at Rooms to Go listens and responds with a solution to this mess.

jovena

Aug 01, 2012 #522744

Please tell your attorney that there are other people with the same problem. I would be more than happy to tell him my story also. I wonder if he would do a class action law suit and work for free for everyone and he would make big bucks with the lawsuit. Currently my couch is actually falling apart more that you see.

Qualls

Aug 01, 2012 #522730

Our sofa from Rooms to Go looks Just like this - it's awful. We can't get anyone to cal us back - we were told because we moved it from Texas to Michigan, the warranty was void.

Realy? Moving what they told us was "high quality leather" is what made the color of sofa flake off?? It's only 6 months old. We have contacted an attorney - maybe they will return his phone calls. We spent over $3,000.00 on this leather sectional - someone is returning our money to us - this is crazy.

Jul 23, 2012 #517580

HI Kristi, From Florida. Thanks for the feed about this couch. Yes, I also used the high quality stuff from the store to protect my leather. They also told me that dogs could not scratch it. LOL> My dogs didn't have a chance to ruin the couch. It fell apart by itself. Please call BBB and make a complaint on it. You can do it on line. Their response was that I bought it from the clearance side. Lets see what they say for you.... Let me know. Thanks. :(

KristiMcg

Jul 23, 2012 #517563

We have the same couch as well as the arm chair, the couch is red like yours and the chair is brown and the EXACT same thing happened to BOTH PIECES. It looks awful and no way to cover it all with throw pillow or anything we need a new couch now!

We did not get a floor model or sale model AND WE PURCHASED THE EXTRA WARRANTY!

I cleaned the sofa & chair with the cleaner THEY GAVE ME.

When we contacted them they said "Oh the warranty doesn't cover that sorry". NO KIDDING!

When we bought it the sales rep said it was "high quality leather, and that with our warranty it would repaired or replaced even if our DOG TORE IT UP so it is a risk free purchase"! Because were asking about quality and longevity due to the fact that it was coming from Rooms To Go.

We are so screwed right now, we are out the money spent and our beautiful living room is disgusting. Not too mention the fact that after we, or our guests sit on it, they walk away with PIECES OF IT on their clothing!!!

RIDICULOUS, CHEAP, SCAM, LIARS, SELLING *** AND CALLING IT LEATHER, SELLING WARRANTIES AND NOT WARRANTING ANYTHING! :cry :(

Apr 03, 2012 #460158

It looks like rooms to go posted a comment on this site. Guess what? I replied to them and nothing happened. I think he just replied to make the store looked like they cared.. NOT!

anon.

Mar 16, 2012 #450358

Too late. I cancelled the delivery order and have made arrangements to pick it up myself. If you want something done right, you still have to do it yourself, still holds true today with some. Next time I have to purchase furniture, I will pay 2 to 3 times as much some where else, but no grief. I will not go thru this again!
Good day.

David_Johnson

Mar 14, 2012 #448938

We are interested in taking a closer look into the situation if you wouldn’t mind emailing us your order details to tellus@roomstogo.com. If so, we can take look at the purchase to see what options we might still have available.

Gigi

Nov 23, 2014 #905003 Franklin, Tennessee, United States

I have the same sofa and the leather began flaking off several years ago. Also, it began to structurally fall apart. I purchased the set in 2007 and paid $2643.75 for a sectional, two armchairs and 3 ottomans. I will never buy anything from RTG again. I am telling everyone about this horrible quality.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.