Greenville, South Carolina
1.5K views

The advertisement with rooms to go is a total scam. My husband and I purchase a bedroom set with the free tv in 10/2009.

We were told it was 5 months same as cash, only to find out the TV was not free and the contract with TRS was fradulent. We paid it off in five months, and were then taking to court. Our furniture price totaled $3086, AND TRS expected us to pay $11,386 for the furniture at the end of 5 months. The court settled it in our favor, and then TRS began reporting negatively on my credit report, ruining my credit in the process.

Has this happened to anyone else.

Has anyone went into Rooms To Go to finance furniture, and been forced to used TRS; a company housed inside of rooms to go, only to be cheated out of thousands of dollars and your good credit standing. If so please respond to this.

Comments

THIS PLACE IS THE BIGGEST SCAM. Especially the dumb *** women that works with their acceptance now.

Apparently we owe more than the furniture cost even though we had three years with no interest or what ever the *** they call it. They're "deals" are the total opposite.

yes trs is a great tool to get furniture fast if you plan on paying it off like the next month otherwise it is a rip off and they are using bait and switch...my living room set was $2489 new i paid $274 monthly to TRS...i called 11 months later to get the payoff and was told it was still $2114...so only $50 of my payment went to the furniture the remainder $224 was in leasing fees....trust me it is a rip off...the same living set i have right now is on sale for $1900.00 brand new...

:eek :sigh :x :( 8) ;) :grin :) :p :roll :eek :upset :zzz :sigh :? :cry :x

Neva use this service, I have never seen a program that charges this much interest on furniture. It would be more benefical to use RTG layaway program than to use the financial center. A big mistake that I have learned and I agree that it does not help your credit but makes it worse!

I had two accounts with TRS. They were just bought out by RENT-A-Center.

Since the buyout, TRS has started reporting my payment past due even though I am now making them to rent-a-center! I have never been late on my payments and only opened the accounts to build my credit.This expereince has actually made my credit worse!

Rooms to go are using false advertisement methods, and unfair trade practices by misleading its customers with its in store rental

I have! They do not refer to theirselves as a RENTAL store, they refer to them as in store financing!

NEVER USE AGAIN! Would love to file a civil suit against them for their outrageous interest rates!

TRS HELP ME ALOT. IM SO HAPPY THAT ROOMS TO GO HAVES A BANK, THAT HELP PEOPLE LIKE ME WITH NO CREDIT HAVE A LOVELY SET IN MY HOUSE. THANK YOU TRS :)

Hi Rosmurray - sorry to hear about all this. As an FYI - RTG does not offer free TV's - the TV's are an item the customer purchases within their package.

In reference to TRS - if a customer chooses to purchase using TRS as their payment method - you are renting the furniture and the contract is signed between TRS and the customer. The contract is available to read before making the purchase decision.

RTG is unaware of the specifics of what occurred between the customer and TRS after the furniture is delivered.

No customer is forced to use TRS - we take all forms of payment - TRS is an option for our customers that are not approved for financing otherwise and are looking for an alternative way to make payments.