Rooms to Go - WORST customer service in ANY Industry!!!

501 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews

I ordered furniture for my daughter's apartment and had to take 2 days off to accommodate separate delivery dates.They delivered a piece of her furniture (picture attached) with the entire door broken off.

Was told to keep the furniture and contact customer "support" to arrange ANOTHER delivery. After sitting on hold for over 10 minutes, an extremely unprofessional and rude person answered the phone, only to tell me that they would deliver a replacement in 6 more days (this after waiting over a week for the initial delivery). When I said that was unacceptable, I was told "Sorry. That is your only option"..

??? So, now, they want me to take another day off work to wait for what I'm now being told will be an "all day delivery" - since they are "having to make another trip" without a window of time that they will be there. I am so very sorry to inconvenience your company.. How rude of me to expect that (1) the piece of $900 furniture I ordered be delivered NOT BROKEN (2) that I want it replaced immediately (3) that I'm "inconveniencing" YOU to have to wait at around a THIRD day to accept a delivery...

This is, by far, the WORST experience I have EVER had as a consumer. I asked to speak with a supervisor only to be told she was too busy to take my call and she would have to call me back. I waited an hour, then called again. Was told the same thing from a equally pleasant representative..

Then was told it would probably be even longer than 6 days because the item was "not in stock". Left another message for the "Supervisor" and was told she had until the end of the day to call me back.. NO call back - real surprise! I am the VP of Sales for a large company and can't imagine EVER treating any consumer - small or large - in this manner.

Save your time, money (obviously the quality of their furniture can even make it one day), and sanity.Furniture shop ANYWHERE other than Rooms to Go!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Chest Of Drawers
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #587734 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Rooms To Go? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
501 of 1518 Rooms To Go reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Gimme-A-Break

Jan 28, 2015 #937998 Suzhou, Jiangsu, China

Hey.... Why are you taking days off work? You paid for it, let your daughter work out the delivery. You think she can't handle things on her own?

1 2 Reply
Rooms To Go

Jan 28, 2015 #937672 Lakeland, Florida, United States

Wow! I'm really sorry to hear about this. Would you be able to send me your order info to Tellus@Roomstogo.com so I can look into this?

0 0 Reply

Jan 28, 2015 #937678

Just spent another 15 minutes on the phone with one of your customer support - and I use the term SUPPORT very loosely - representatives! Got the same low level of service and attitude that I received yesterday. I can send you my order information, but not sure if I want to spend one more second dealing with this company to no avail! I was just told that they "might" be able to get a replacement to me on Saturday and the delivery window would be from 7am-10pm. Because it is a "redelivery" they can't confirm that it will be there. It is a "redelivery" because it was delivered BROKEN by fault of your company!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.