Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I purchased a couch and ottoman from RTG that was bonded leather. I told the salesman that I have 3 Chihuahuas and 2 declawed cats and he told me bonded leather wears just like leather and that if it had abnormal signs of wear and tear within the first year, RTG would give me credit for $988.00 which was the purchase price and I could put that toward something else.

I have a Leather couch, loveseat and recliner that I purchased 8 years ago from lazy boy and it still looks great so my expectation was that the RTG couch would wear the same. Unfortunately, it did not. The furniture from RTG is scratched and torn all from three 2 lb dogs and 2 declawed cats. I called RTG and they said that RTG is not responsible because the damage was caused from my pets.

My pets have walked on and slept on every piece of furniture in my home for the past 12 years and there has never been a problem. RTG sells very low quality furniture and they do not stand behind it. I don't finance through RTG but I realize that the only reason they are in business is that you have several years interest free to pay for their poor quality furniture and sometimes, that us the only way families are able to buy furniture. I filed a complaint with the BBB and noticed that there are thousands of complaints against RTG.

What does this tell you? I am waiting the 30 days to find out if they plan on rectifying the situation.

I am not getting my hopes up because RTG doesn't care. Not even a little bit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: I want $988.00 credit toward a different couch and ottoman.

Rooms To Go Cons: Horrible customer service, Poor quality product, Leather fell apart, Customer call center.

• Poor Quality At Rtg