I bought an entire house worth of furniture at the end of August 2017. The delivery guys were great, super fast and friendly and not at all agitated (at least outwardly) to have had to deliver so much furniture to the third floor in 100 degree weather. We haven't had any problems with the furniture.

The problem occurred when, just a few weeks ago, I rearranged my living room furniture and realized the back of my oversized chair was ripped up. I haven't moved the furniture since it was placed by the delivery guys, and it has been up against a flat wall since then (which is why I never noticed it) - so obviously it came this way.

I called RTG, and they had someone come out. He was also very nice - looked at it, took pictures, and said someone would be in touch. About a week later I did get a call from RTG. They told me that there was nothing they could do because it was outside of the 48-hour window after delivery. The woman had a total attitude with me and told me that "obviously" this had happened in my home, and that I was responsible, and there was nothing they could do. I tried my best to argue and explain the situation, but she was having none of it.

I said to her, "so what you're telling me is that I'm supposed to have your delivery guys place the furniture where I want it, then remove it from that spot to inspect the back of the couch, and then replace it to its original location" Her answer was yes. Well, silly me. The rep told me that the person who had inspected the furniture said it was "damaged beyond repair," but they wouldn't help because it had been more than 48 hours (a RIDICULOUSLY short timeframe)

Oh, when I placed the original call about getting someone to come out and look at it, I said, "do you guys offer furniture cleaning?" and the rep on the phone got an instant attitude with me. He rudely told me that they only cleaned furniture from people who purchased cleaning services. I never said I wanted my couch cleaned for free...I was simply asking if it was something they do.

Don't buy from RTG. I love my furniture but the customer service experience is not worth it.

Comments

TellUsRTG

We are deeply disappointed to hear this! Please send us an email with your order info to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com and we’d be happy to help any way that we can!