1.3K views

My dealings at the Rooms to Go in The Woodlands TX store was horrible.. I bought 3500.00 dollars worth of furnitures with the understanding that the furniture would be delivered by a stated date. Both the sales person and manager agreed and promised that my furniture would be delivered by the given date.

I gave the sales person my % down in the form of a check. The wait to process the order was almost 2 hours. The excuse was, the sales person was new and the office staff was new. The manager repeatedly had to be called during the process of my order. I was told by the manager that he would call me the next day with confirmation of the delivery date and time.

The next day arrived and I stayed home by the phone awaiting a call from Rooms To Go, guess what, no call. I checked my checking account and the deposit to Rooms To Go had already been taken out of my account. I truely felt at this point that something fishy was going on.

I went to the store the following day. I spoke with a different manager. He said the the original sales person and 1st manager had no right to promise the delivery date that was stated, that this was totally impossible... My reply was to cancel my order and to give me my deposit back. This manager said that they would cancel my order. ( I was with in the 48 hrs). But I would have to call the main office and request my money which would take 4 to 6 weeks..

I called customer service and recieved a " I'm sorry but thats policy". So now I have no new furniture, no money to put down. And when I went to another store my credit report shows the Rooms To Go credit and my report looks like I am over extended.

Its been 4 weeks, still no money from Rooms To Go. The sales person and 1st manager were total liers just to get the sale. I truely believe they thought that when my deposit was processed and out of my account that I would not back out of the deal. The 2nd manager was a total condesending ***. And the customer service person sounded like she was suffering from a prozac overdose.

If you do not heed my warning and stay away from Rooms To Go, be smart and put your deposit down with a credit card so you can stop the transfer. Remember you only have 48 hrs to cancel your order, or you will be stuck with having to deal with these morons.

When I was leaving the store after I had bought my furniture, there was what I thought at the time to be a crazy lady in there who was being escorted out of the store. As she passed each customer she would say "Don't buy at Rooms To Go, they will ***". Hindsite shows no truer words could have been spoken...

Comments

I read this after we bought a living room set.. so far so good but I am so sorry for the bad experiences.

One of the legs our our chair looks broken.. they are suppose to come out next week to look at it

Spring, Texas, United States #1227151

Thanks for this info. That's the beauty of the internet. They had a table I wanted, but will not order from them now that I've read this.

I've spent $5800 here and my experience was totally great, I cant say enough about it. The sales person was awesome, explaining all the different ways you could swap out stools, chairs, tables etc.

and how you could opt out of getting the free TV and applying that $800 towards my purchase. It saved us by applying that toward our purchase plus we got 20% off the total price for paying upfront along with the sales discount already. The office side of it was very chipper, helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I've gotta say it was a total great buy, experience and great furniture that we purchased. Kudo's to Rooms to Go :)

to Anonymous #1299929

you are very lucky. I had the total opposite experience and will post it fully.

Very poor customer service and not of the "departments" (Sales, Delivery, Customer service, etc) talk to each other.

They each tell you something different. Very frustrating and disappointing.

I received a sofa bed from RTG and unbeknownst to me and my husband it was full of bed bugs. How do I know that...because I never saw a bed bug in my life until that sofa entered my house.

We called RTG and told them what happened and they said they are not responsible for bed bugs because everything they have is sealed. We threw the $1,000.00 sofa bed in the trash and are still making monthly payments and fighting bed bugs. We have paid Orkin $900.00 so far and we are still fighting bed bugs 3 months later.

Beware of RTG as you may also get bugs to go with your purchase.

Signed - Bugged out in Plantation, Florida

xlr8en

The Woodlands store is a joke I bought a dining table, dresser, and a King size bed. The only thing that wasnt broke was the dresser.

The dinning table was sent to me two times broken and I had to threaten the manager with a lawsuit before they would do anything.

I am still waiting on the drawer for my Master Bed that was delivered broken its been 3 months now! I really think we need to file a class action lawsuit against this store.

I have a relative that has been screwed by rooms to go Woodlands store, we want to sue in small claims court, does anyone know if this is a franchise and if so who is the owner? Maybe we need to get a class action suit going.

Thank you to everyone for your reviews. It seems that this company has received much more negative feedback than positive feedback.

And, I am not just going by what was said here. Many other review sites pretty much say the same thing. That Rooms to Go has crappy customer service, lousy delivery timing and poor quality. I almost bought a mattress from them.

But, after reading all the reviews from various sites, forget it. My first red flag was that, when I called over the phone, the salesman told me that I could redeem a coupon for $1200.00 off my purchase. Not bothering to tell me that I would have to purchase over $1000.00 worth of merchandise by Tuesday. I spoke to him late Sunday afternoon.

In the long run, your opinion does count. Thank you, again.

We purchased a kids full size bed set which was delivered by two dumb ***. They dropped a dresser splitting it set it up not telling me it's destroyed.

They didn't put all the bolts in the bed and left it 1/2 installed. They didn't want to screwing the handles to all the dressers. They were leaving when I had to call the delivery driver and ask where the mattress cover is that we bought and he replied that it was still in his truck. He turned around and came back to my house and gave me the cover and after I asked him to put handle on.

That's when I saw the dresser was split. I still do not have all the bolts for my kids bed and the rooms to go delivery supervisor promised a new dresser a month or so ago and we still do not have one. I would have done better to go to take my $1500 and flush it down the toilet because atless I would have keep his old furniture.

It was ugly but not 1/2 way bolted together and split up. Plus I would not have to pay money to somebody and be lied to.

bigest scams free tv . dont buy if you decide to cancell you loss your down payment.

#196391

I am still trying to locate my headboard, ordered in May!! It is September and guess what..it is supposed to be in Katy, they tell me I have to go BACK to the Woodlands and schedule a PICK UP!!!

They are VERY VERY VERY rude BTW. NEver buy anything from these PEOPLE!!

Take your time when you are making a large investment. Spending more than $100 is an investment.

Ask questions and make sure you have it in writing when you buy. Get a salesman that can answer your questions. If not get someone else. It's your money, don't just give it to anyone.

Read what you sign. Rooms To Go has great selection, styles, finances, and no pressure atmosphere. If you like it, buy it if you can afford it.

You can be a looker or a buyer. Spend your money wisely.

I can't believe I took the time to read what most people had to say. I have friends that work at this location and for this company and its a great and growing company.

For the record gallery furniture is only known in houston!!! Mention rooms to go they are all over florida, north carolina, georgia, and texas and more. What I found the most entertaining was the person who assumed to know all about the regional manager and the willowbrook manager when they probably just didn't get their way and they assumed this persons personality. But we all know what happens when one assumes.

Iv bought furniture from rooms to go and I never had a problem. Things happen and afterall its just furniture!

My dealings with Rooms To Go have been all positive. I have family memebers and friends that bought from this company as well.

All positive.

Sounds like isolated incidents here. Or maybe you people have nothing better to do that defame a very good company.

We were coerced by a RTG salesperson into buying a $3000 living room set with the bribe of a free TV and TV stand. We only needed a Sofa, a Chair and some side tables.

We even asked the salesperson if we could purchase the set without the TV and TV stand. She said no. The price for the pieces I wanted was much lower on their internet website and it looked like they were making up for the cost of the TV and stand in the package deal. I was cheated with this transaction.

Luckily I went back to the store at the 47th hour after the purchase and was able to get a refund.

Thanks goodness. I will never shop at Rooms-To-Go again.

#122041

RTG IS A RIP OFF THEY ADVERTISE THE SPECIAL THEN WHEN U GO THERE THEY TELL U IT'S SOLD .BS. GALLERY IS THE WAY TO GO SAME DAY DELIVERY . AND BETTER STUFF.

The Woodlands Rooms to Go is the WORST customer service I have ever had! I had my living room set delivered and two pieces were broken.

It is a month later and I still don't have the pieces.

When I told them forget it give me my money back they said thats fine but they would charge me $100 for refusing delivery! I will never shop with this company again!

I went to Rooms To Go today in The Woodlands. I picked out the recliner I wanted.

The salesman, Gary, proceded to tell me I should get the leather protection plan for an additional $40. I said I did not want it. He said 'no, you really do want it.' I told him I would buy it online.

Oh well, I guess they don't give a rats behind about the sale. I won't be going there again.

Gerry Rayman is the VP of Houston. He was the VP of Texas bu it was taken from him. He is a piece of work, very arrogant. He runs Houston and will run the newer stores that will open in Western Texas. He is located at the Willowbrook Location. I am pretty certain that he will run the company in the ground. RTG customer service does suck you will do better by going to Gallery Furniture or Star. Manager in Gerry Rayman's region hate him because he is so intimidating to them. So they are just yes men and women. The manager at Willowbrook is a peice of work as well. He curses at his salespeople in public doesn't care if the customer is standing right there or not. RTG's biggest thing is to sale Fabric, Leather Protection and Mattress Protectors. They are all rip off's. If you have next day delivery how are they going to spray your sofa or anything else and you no smell anything when it gets to your house? It is a rip off I know this for sure. The biggest profit margins are in those products. You can search the web for your self and look at all the complaints they have had about honorng those warranties that come with those products.

RTG also stresses that there salespeople must sale mattress with every bedroom set that te sell. They could care less about the bedroom your buying they want you to buy the mattress. Mattress markup margins are 70% so the company makes big money on this. In Texas if you do not want a mattress the managers will come over and try to get you to buy it. That is called a (TO) or turn over. Salespeople are graded each month on bed to bedroom %.. That is why they are so aggresive. In some cases they would rather let ou walk rather than selling you that bedroom without a mattress.

People please educate yourself about furniture before you make a purchase. I will not go far in saying that everything there is garbage but there is alot of garbage in there surrounded by some good peices. Do not get caught up in the lights.

You might pay a little more but do yourself a favor and shop around. Just because the price might be a little better doen't mean that it wll be the best long term value for you and your family.