Because I put the conversation between me and email@example.comHere is is....
Last year the bonded leather started sloughing off, pealing like a bad sun burn. Sent the pictures to them, the "conversation" that followed....
Thank you for contacting our customer care office. In regards to your request, Rooms To Go offers a one year warranty against manufacturer defects. While the warranty period may be expired, we still expect the merchandise to last longer than the first year.
After reviewing the pictures, in the interest of customer service we would like to offer you a prorated reselection. This means we will return the current sofa, chaise, & ottoman and give you $449.00 in Rooms To Go store credit towards a selection of your choice. Your new purchase must be of equal or greater value. If it is greater, than you would only pay the difference, the new delivery fee and bond protection.
To redeem this offer, do not discard of your current furniture as it is required to be returned to Rooms To Go. Simply visit the showroom in which your merchandise was initially purchased and provide them with your original purchase information. Our sales team will find the replacement authorization and work with you on your new selection. Once your new purchase is completed, our sales team will also schedule a date to return your current merchandise, and at the same time, deliver your new items.
This offer can only be valid for 30 days before the value decreases with continued use. I apologize for any inconvenience that this problem has caused and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
----Original Message-----From: Crisraq [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:06 PMTo: TellUs Subject: Re: Shedding couch 159772
Dear Melissa,I am a school teacher, currently not working or getting paid. I cannot do anything with $449, unless you have couches for that amount. You may send me a couch that's going to last another four years, or do you not sell those anymore? Rooms to Go has sales that come close to knocking that much off. I'm offended by the offer. Sincerely,
While I understand your disappointment, our offer is non-negotiable. Keep in mind that after the 1 year warranty expires, Rooms To Go's obligation ends. Your product has served you for over 4 years, well beyond our contract. We are making this offer in the interest of customer service only.
The prorated reselection offer is based on length of time the product has been in the home, price paid, and the fact there are no active warranties on your product. The price paid on the sofa, chaise, and ottoman was $897.00. The prorated offer would allow 50% back as a credit to use towards a new selection. Please let me know should you need any further assistance.
DEAR MELISSA,THE PRICE PAID FOR THE THREE ITEMS INcluding a leather protection plan (LOL) was well over $1100, check the purchase order.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Almost all of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver a couch that will not peel or the $449 offered in cash not store credit
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Blended Leather Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a sofa, love seat, and two recliners and ottomans in 2010. Highly recommended fabric by the salesman as very durable. Their advertisements still show bonded leather as durable. Two..."
- "I bought the oasis/chestnut blended leather sectional with two recliners and a storage Otto w/caster about three years ago and I have taken care of them cleaning with leather care..."
- "First of all this is my first review of anything I have ever purchased. I searched for a year for a couch that I liked and wanted to buy for..."
- "Para empezar fuimos muy ilusionados en busca de nuestra casa sin imaginar que una compañía tan grande tenía tantos ladrones y estafadores trabajando para ellos todo esto sucedió en la..."
- "I purchased a Kitchenaid refrigerator a little over 5 years ago. It died. Kitchenaid says they stopped making parts for it. I must wait on their mercy..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- " I acquired a pair of heritage model 1907's a couple months ago. They have been conditioned a couple times to help soften the leather. These boots are..."