1.5
Style and Design

Because I put the conversation between me and tellus@roomstogo.comHere is is....

Last year the bonded leather started sloughing off, pealing like a bad sun burn. Sent the pictures to them, the "conversation" that followed....

Dear Christina,

Thank you for contacting our customer care office. In regards to your request, Rooms To Go offers a one year warranty against manufacturer defects. While the warranty period may be expired, we still expect the merchandise to last longer than the first year.

After reviewing the pictures, in the interest of customer service we would like to offer you a prorated reselection. This means we will return the current sofa, chaise, & ottoman and give you $449.00 in Rooms To Go store credit towards a selection of your choice. Your new purchase must be of equal or greater value. If it is greater, than you would only pay the difference, the new delivery fee and bond protection.

To redeem this offer, do not discard of your current furniture as it is required to be returned to Rooms To Go. Simply visit the showroom in which your merchandise was initially purchased and provide them with your original purchase information. Our sales team will find the replacement authorization and work with you on your new selection. Once your new purchase is completed, our sales team will also schedule a date to return your current merchandise, and at the same time, deliver your new items.

This offer can only be valid for 30 days before the value decreases with continued use. I apologize for any inconvenience that this problem has caused and look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Melissa

----Original Message-----From: Crisraq [mailto:crisraq@aol.com] Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:06 PMTo: TellUs Subject: Re: Shedding couch 159772

Dear Melissa,I am a school teacher, currently not working or getting paid. I cannot do anything with $449, unless you have couches for that amount. You may send me a couch that's going to last another four years, or do you not sell those anymore? Rooms to Go has sales that come close to knocking that much off. I'm offended by the offer. Sincerely,

Dear Cristina,

While I understand your disappointment, our offer is non-negotiable. Keep in mind that after the 1 year warranty expires, Rooms To Go's obligation ends. Your product has served you for over 4 years, well beyond our contract. We are making this offer in the interest of customer service only.

The prorated reselection offer is based on length of time the product has been in the home, price paid, and the fact there are no active warranties on your product. The price paid on the sofa, chaise, and ottoman was $897.00. The prorated offer would allow 50% back as a credit to use towards a new selection. Please let me know should you need any further assistance.

Melissa

DEAR MELISSA,THE PRICE PAID FOR THE THREE ITEMS INcluding a leather protection plan (LOL) was well over $1100, check the purchase order.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "almost all of the above" of blended leather sofa and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1221. Rooms To Go needs to "deliver a couch that will not peel or the $449 offered in cash not store credit" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned blended leather sofa in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rooms To Go.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1259826

we are experiencing the same exact issue,

has there been any resolution?

Homestead, Florida, United States #1183367

With the number of complaints on Facebook, the BBB and sites like this one, RTG should clearly advertise, many of their products have a life expectancy of three years....quickly deteriorating and disposable furniture.On Facebook alone, the number of complaints are exorbitant.

RTG is clearly not interested in the quality of their product.

TellUsRTG

While I understand your disappointment, our offer is non-negotiable.Keep in mind that after the 1 year warranty expires, Rooms To Go’s obligation ends.

Your product has served you for over 2 years, well beyond our contract.We are making this offer in the interest of customer service only.