Because I put the conversation between me and email@example.comHere is is....
Last year the bonded leather started sloughing off, pealing like a bad sun burn. Sent the pictures to them, the "conversation" that followed....
Thank you for contacting our customer care office. In regards to your request, Rooms To Go offers a one year warranty against manufacturer defects. While the warranty period may be expired, we still expect the merchandise to last longer than the first year.
After reviewing the pictures, in the interest of customer service we would like to offer you a prorated reselection. This means we will return the current sofa, chaise, & ottoman and give you $449.00 in Rooms To Go store credit towards a selection of your choice. Your new purchase must be of equal or greater value. If it is greater, than you would only pay the difference, the new delivery fee and bond protection.
To redeem this offer, do not discard of your current furniture as it is required to be returned to Rooms To Go. Simply visit the showroom in which your merchandise was initially purchased and provide them with your original purchase information. Our sales team will find the replacement authorization and work with you on your new selection. Once your new purchase is completed, our sales team will also schedule a date to return your current merchandise, and at the same time, deliver your new items.
This offer can only be valid for 30 days before the value decreases with continued use. I apologize for any inconvenience that this problem has caused and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
----Original Message-----From: Crisraq [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2016 12:06 PMTo: TellUs Subject: Re: Shedding couch 159772
Dear Melissa,I am a school teacher, currently not working or getting paid. I cannot do anything with $449, unless you have couches for that amount. You may send me a couch that's going to last another four years, or do you not sell those anymore? Rooms to Go has sales that come close to knocking that much off. I'm offended by the offer. Sincerely,
While I understand your disappointment, our offer is non-negotiable. Keep in mind that after the 1 year warranty expires, Rooms To Go's obligation ends. Your product has served you for over 4 years, well beyond our contract. We are making this offer in the interest of customer service only.
The prorated reselection offer is based on length of time the product has been in the home, price paid, and the fact there are no active warranties on your product. The price paid on the sofa, chaise, and ottoman was $897.00. The prorated offer would allow 50% back as a credit to use towards a new selection. Please let me know should you need any further assistance.
DEAR MELISSA,THE PRICE PAID FOR THE THREE ITEMS INcluding a leather protection plan (LOL) was well over $1100, check the purchase order.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Almost all of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver a couch that will not peel or the $449 offered in cash not store credit
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Blended Leather Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I Purchased a leather recliner sofa from Rooms To Go Clearance Center in July, 2010. It had a couple small marks on the outside corners from being moved around, but..."
- "We called customer service as soon as they left after we saw the damage on our brand new floors but they were closed. The delivery guys did not use..."
- "We purchased a leather living room set, we had it with minimum use, until last Christmas 2013. We placed the set in the family and start using frequently. Leather started..."
- "I purchased a Kitchenaid refrigerator a little over 5 years ago. It died. Kitchenaid says they stopped making parts for it. I must wait on their mercy..."
- "I purchased a 2008 Lexus IS250 the car is now 6 years old. The dash board and door panels are now melting and falling apart. Spoke with headquarters..."
- "Went on my birthday to Denny's, November 6 in Cutler Bay, Florida around 7-8pm. The food was terrible and was asked to give a tip for services rendered. Host and..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."