1.5K views

I bought 2 living room sets from RTG and was contacted by phone a week after delivery to offer me a 5 year extended warranty that would cover ANY DAMAGE that occurred to the furniture during that time. It cost me $550 for the extended warranty.

After one year, the frame broke on my power sofa and the stitching came loose on the pleather reclining sofa. I called RTG to get my furniture fixed. They sent out a guy to take pictures. One week later, I was told that the "broken frame was not caused by a manufacturer's defect and was not covered under the warranty" and that the stitching coming loose on the other sofa was "normal wear and tear and would not be covered".

What a scam! DO NOT BUY FROM ROOMS TO GO AND ESPECIALLY SAVE YOUR MONEY ON THEIR EXTENDED WARRANTY SCAM!

Product or Service Mentioned: Rooms To Go Sofa Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace my power reclining sofa per the warranty I bought.

Rooms To Go Cons: Scam extended warranty and poor furniture construction.

Comments

TellUsRTG
#1402067

We are deeply disappointed to hear that you have not received the service that you deserve! Please send us an email with your order info to TellUs@RoomsToGo.com and we’d be happy to help any way that we can!

@TellUsRTG

My name is David Hendrix 910-8506995,I have ext warranty on my couch,after 3 service calls still not fixed,repair guy said the part they sent was bent but he told the warranty company he fixed it .i have many pieces of your furniture but will not buy again unless the problem is resolved.David Hendrix

@David Hendrix

David; We are truly sorry to hear this and would love the opportunity to look into this for you. Can you please email us the details and order info to Tellus@roomstogo.com? We hope to hear from you soon!