Resolved
2.2

Update by user Mar 01, 2016

After posting this I received an email from Rooms to Go that morning.I sent them pictures and all of my receipt information.

Ashley with Rooms to Go quickly responded to that email and has offered to rectify the problem to both of our satisfaction.

Thank you consumer website and Rooms to Go for considering and resolving this matter!!Happy customer.

Original review posted by user Mar 01, 2016

I am so glad i found this. About a year ago I bought some furniture from Rooms to Go in Daytona Beach, FL. A Cindy Crawford Couch, pillows, lamps, an entertainment center and a mattress. I'm not even going to go into the shipping problems here but they were a huge pain that took about 3 weeks to rectify. First off I am being nice when I say that the couch, though it looked nice in the store, is a huge pile of garbage. The cushions don't fit in the couch correctly so after about a month of use there is about a 4 inch gap in between 2 of the cushions. The filling inside the cushions that I sit on the most has gone completely flat on one end. I have switched the cushions around and it just does the same thing. There are just 2 of us in the house, myself and my mother, no children of big dogs (we do have 2 dachshunds the heaviest weighing about 10 pounds) so there isn't extensive use or wear and tear. The color or the couch is perfect and goes great in our living which is the main reason we bought it and of course the sales agent said that the quality was so great, blah, blah.

Anyways, being that this was a pretty big purchase (I don't have the receipt in front of me, but do have it) of about $700 and the fact that my mother is 72 this was going to be a couch that was an investment and meant to last a long time. So we decided that it would be a good idea to purchase their "fabric protection warranty". I mean this warranty says the following...

In the event that the spill becomes a permanent stain and the special cleaner sent to you does not remove the stain, under the terms of this limited warranty, ROOMS TO GO, at its discretion, will provide the following services:

Have the stained area cleaned, and surfaces re-treated by an authorized ROOMS TO GO technician at no cost to the original owner

If the stain cannot be removed by an authorized technician, ROOMS TO GO will re-upholster the stained area.

If step l or 2 cannot be accomplished, at ROOMS TO GO's discretion, the stained piece will be replaced or the owner may select a new piece of furniture equal in value and quality to the original.

So great! Money well spent. Until you actually get a stain. Probably 6 or 7 months after we got the couch there was a stain on the front of the couch just under the middle cushion. So I tried to clean it with the stain remover provided by RTG when we got the couch but it just wasn't taking the stain out. So we pulled out the receipt and called rooms to go. A couple of days later The guy from RTG shows up and I showed him the stain. He proceeded to take out his magical stain remover and tried to get the stain out. After about 15 minutes of scrubbing, dabbing and rubbing the stain he told us the stain wouldn't come out. He then took a couple of pictures of the stained area and told us the RTG would get back with us. After he left I looked at the stained area and his stain remover apparently was also a color remover! The area still had the stain but was now much more noticeable because the color around it was severely faded. We then heard from RTG a couple of days later and they decided from the picture the guy took with his phone that the stain was not covered by their so called protection plan. I really want to warn people NOT to buy Cindy Crawford furniture and DEFINITELY NOT to get the protection plan. It was a giant waste of money and were still sitting on the uncomfortable piece of ***. BE WARNED. Cindy Crawford and Rooms to Go should be ashamed of themselves.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Stskotty is quite happy with friendly sales person and stated that there is a room for improvement of delivery service and quality of couch. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "bad quality, warranty, fabric protection and delivery" of cindy crawford cape may sofa and associated monetary loss in the amount of $700. Rooms To Go needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cindy crawford cape may sofa in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Rooms To Go.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

TellUsRTG
#1120273

This sounds quite disappointing. Are you able to send us the above details along with your order info to Tellus@Roomstogo.com?

to TellUsRTG #1120312

Yes.I will also include pictures as well as details about the shipping fiasco.

We did contact our local rooms to go about everything and they basically said there was nothing they would do.

Thank you.