DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!My pregnant wife and I recently purchased a $1700 bed and chest from Virginia's only location of Rooms To Go located in Glen Allen.We discussed with the salesman that we had a mattress already and he advised that due to the bed being a storage bed no box spring was needed.

GREAT!A few days later the installers arrived and began to assemble the bed, however they noticed something was missing. He advised that we accept the bed as incorrect and that Rooms To Go would call us within the hour to rectify the situation and ship the missing pieces out the next morning. We never recieved a phone call. The next morning we contact customer service and explained our dilemma.

They advised us to contact the store manager. After calling the store and getting a callback from the assistant manager we explained the problem. He told us the bed was missing two bunkie boards that we an additional $120. They would have to order them adn we would have to wait or we were welcome to purchase the display set at full price.

We were never told this by the salesman or the acting store manager at the time of the sale. We were assured several times that everything we needed was included with the set. We were told wrong by the salesman and manager. Do you think we would get an apology at least or recognition of there mistake?

NO! He said he would not recognize any wrongdoing or apologize because unless we purchased the mattress from Rooms To Go then they weren't required to explain what else would be needed to fully assemble the bed. He offered two choices return the merchandise or buy the extra pieces.We have never received such a low level of service from any reputable merchant.

There was no empathy or recognition of responsibility whatsoever.$1700 may not be alot of money to a big company but this bottom of the barrel reaction to our concern just cost them a potential lifetime customer.DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY

Monetary Loss: $1900.

Had an Experience with Rooms To Go?

Comments

Brandon_RTG

I’m surprised to hear about the problem you have had and are experiencing with your purchase.This certainly is not something that we expect any of our customer’s to go through, let alone to receive the service that you described.

We realize that you rely on the expertise of the sales person to provide you with all this information, so we apologize that they did not. The bunkie boards are an extra cost, however if you are interested in buying them, we will deliver them for free.

If you are seeking an inexpensive alternative, MDF boards can also be located at your local home improvement store and provide the same support.If you could send us an email with the details along with your order info to Tellus@Roomstogo.com, we would love to take a look over your account to see what is going on and what we can do to get this taken care of for you as best as possible.

Punta Gorda, Florida, United States #632154

AND I HAVE TOLD ALL MY FRIEND IN FLORIDA AS WELL...I EVEN POSTED IT PUBLIC ON MY FACE BOOK PAGE.....THIS COMPANYS ACTUALLY DESERVES TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS....SHOPE ELSEWHERE PEOPLE......I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT THIS STORE AND TO TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO TELL THIER FRIENDS......